Author Topic: Sketchup  (Read 2693 times)

The three above were rendered with iRender.
I've also tried out Kerkythea, but found it to be too complex to just pick up and go. I've also tried Vray but it never rendered properly. Not even when I followed the tutorials.

Planning on trying out Podium and Maxwell during the holidays.
How do I take pics of my builds and post them? I know how to POST them, but how do I get the screenies in the first place?

EDIT: AL UR SECUNT PAG IZ MINE!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:03:32 AM by Omega615243 »

Um.
When you render it should automatically create an image file in your specified location, or it will ask you, or there will be a save button.
As for unrendered sketchup models, I'm sure there is some sort of a function to take pictures in Sketchup, but you can always print screen. (Hit the PrtSc/Print Screen button on your keyboard and go into a paint app and Ctrl + V [Paste] the image in, then save it)

Um.
When you render it should automatically create an image file in your specified location, or it will ask you, or there will be a save button.
As for unrendered sketchup models, I'm sure there is some sort of a function to take pictures in Sketchup, but you can always print screen. (Hit the PrtSc/Print Screen button on your keyboard and go into a paint app and Ctrl + V [Paste] the image in, then save it)
...how do i render it?

irender only has a trial D:

Um.
I'm currently DLing iRender

The three above were rendered with iRender.
I've also tried out Kerkythea, but found it to be too complex to just pick up and go. I've also tried Vray but it never rendered properly. Not even when I followed the tutorials.

Planning on trying out Podium and Maxwell during the holidays.
PARADOX!

Tested out Podium. Reflective surfaces don't seem to work as well as I'd hoped, and the options seem to be lacking. Very user friendly though. Quality is questionable, but this is just an evaluation version, hopefully the full version is better.

Random first render:

Reflective:

Reflective + Brighter light:

Reflective + Brighter light using the "quality" option:

You can see how long it took to render by the image name.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:31:41 PM by Vertzer »

i had a go at some renders

:o I'm dl'ing sketchup and i climaxed  at tails renders :D

i had a go at some renders

Nice, there we go. This topic is serving a purpouse.

hmmm....in that second picture...