Author Topic: Stephen Hawking aids hunt for new life.  (Read 2946 times)

round two
serious, i was told by yahoo answers that it's a measure of time
it was on some question about a mirror in space
also, i think you could understand how i'd be confused by the way it's named. light years
haven't taken astronomy yet

well then how long does a light year last

how long do you wanna make it last

How long does a mile last?

how long does a subway sandwich last after i buy it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How long does a mile last?
the average top speed limit in my state is 67mph so about 1 minute and 12 seconds

that depends
how fast do you want to go

a light year lasts 365 earth days.
whatever the distance traveled lasted 365 days before being measured.

the average top speed limit in my state is 67mph so about 1 minute and 12 seconds

But if I decide to go 60mph then it'll take 1 minute. We're not talking about time, we are talking about distance.

But if I decide to go 60mph then it'll take 1 minute. We're not talking about time, we are talking about distance.
9.4605284 × 10^15 meters

if you're referring to the lightyear thing, i was asking setro how long he thought a lightyear lasted

You can't find life just by randomly telescoping space no matter how much money you throw around. The only thing you can do is search for random nearby planets that match our requirements for survival. But wait that doesn't work either because for all we know there's an alien race out there that thrives on drinking your moms cum instead of water.