Author Topic: Client-sided Server Blacklist Mod  (Read 631 times)

Basically I would like to see a mod that lets you automatically filter out specific servers from the master server list when searching for one to join. You could highlight a server and have there be a "Blacklist" button that you could click on the GUI to add it to a list of servers to remove from the list, based on the host's BL_ID. You could manage this blacklist in a separate window.

An additional addon for filtering out servers based on keywords in their titles would be really helpful too.

This would help a lot with finding decent servers. There are so many stuff-tier RP servers that it makes finding a good server much harder when they're flooding the page.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:57:22 AM by Planr »

Master server only does names, if you want to use a stats website for BL_IDs, it'll be much slower before you even receive the full list in time because it has to query each of them to figure out of the host's name matches the BL_ID.

You can get the ID from the auth server if you have the player's name and IP. The server list provides these two things.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=267330.0

This is a php script. He's trying to make it all happen in-game.

If you want results, it's the same as my post is going to go as I have said before. Although, you can just query from the master server using the server's IP and the name. The main problem is still going to be a bit slower each way.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:17:17 AM by Kyuande »

This is a php script. He's trying to make it all happen in-game.
This is correct, however it's the only info I can find on the subject. I'm sure that would be simple for someone to convert it into a torquescript equivalent.
If you want results, it's the same as my post is going to go as I have said before. Although you can just query from the master server using the IP and the name. The main problem is still going to be a bit slower each way.
This is also correct.

This is correct, however it's the only info I can find on the subject. I'm sure that would be simple for someone to convert it into a torquescript equivalent.
This way seems to be a bit more complicated; not in a bad way it's just doing more work for a couple of small things.

This is also correct.
This way is much faster because you can just use a TCP, request the IP and the name, and then yay you got your results.

Either way is correct, but I wonder what part the OP really wants. Torquescript (easy) way or the php way?

You can get the ID from the auth server if you have the player's name and IP. The server list provides these two things.

That's for players. It won't help you with dedicated servers.

That's for players. It won't help you with dedicated servers.
Right, totally forgot a dedicated server may have a different IP than the player authenticated with.