Poll

vote

yes, vote yes, vote for independencyyyyyyyy
sit dowwwwn johhhhn
abstain courteously

Author Topic: should there be a politics subforum  (Read 1158 times)

What I would like is subforum called News & Politics.
This would work fine

You're acting like he's actively looking out for rulebreakers, and that in order to catch them, he has to go up and down every board to do so.
And even if he did, it's not going to add more activity, just make it more organized.
No, I'm acting like people would constantly be reporting posts for 'move to politics' when topics inevitably devolve into some sort of political argument

No, I'm acting like people would constantly be reporting posts for 'move to politics' when topics inevitably devolve into some sort of political argument
And he'll do the same as he's always done for stupid reports. Remove that person's ability to report.

And he'll do the same as he's always done for stupid reports. Remove that person's ability to report.
Who said they'd be stupid reports? They may be legitimate. My point is more that it's only going to create more work for badspot.

and then this board will get 5 posts per day cool

i think we all know it's not gonna happen

for a second there I thought Master Matthew made another thread tbh

yes, not just because people are sick of seeing it, but because political/news topics are actually taking up a significant enough amount of real estate in off topic to justify it. creating a new space for this kind of discussion would be beneficial for everyone; it'd remove clutter from off-topic, make it easier to avoid politics if you aren't interested, and it'd make it easy to keep track of political discussions all at the same time. it'd also ideally discourage people from starting political discussions outside of the sub-forum, but obvs there's never any guarantee to that

i'm pretty sure we're averaging at least one or two political/news threads a day (citation needed) which would be plenty more activity than most subforums here, and these threads tend to be pretty active individually as well

and then this board will get 5 posts per day cool
this is why im like eh about a sub-forum

off topic is already kind of quiet as is compared to other years

but if you think about it, it probably doesnt even matter anyways

this is why im like eh about a sub-forum

off topic is already kind of quiet as is compared to other years

It's going to be the same overall activity, just split up.

There's also much more non-political stuff here than just "5 posts a day".

It's going to be the same overall activity, just split up.
yeah that's what i meant by:

im tired and words are failing me tonight lol

the whole point of off topic is that it's off topic from blockland discussion. if you don't like political threads don't open them

the whole point of off topic is that it's off topic from blockland discussion. if you don't like political threads don't open them
Well in that case, we should just merge everything that's not related to Blockland, right? Let's bring back the off-topic forum game spam.

Well in that case, we should just merge everything that's not related to Blockland, right? Let's bring back the off-topic forum game spam.

i'm talking about the subforum