Author Topic: Looking to get a new gaming laptop for under $1.2k, recommendations?  (Read 2586 times)

true, but the low hard drive space, low-end GPU, and the 1 USB port make it a really unappealing choice for me. I'd rather pay $250 more for a laptop that actually has what I need vs a half-axed one for $950.
you're looking at the wrong one, we're talking about the one with the 1060

you're looking at the wrong one, we're talking about the one with the 1060
oh your right my bad lol.

true, but the low hard drive space, low-end GPU, and the 1 USB port make it a really unappealing choice for me. I'd rather pay $250 more for a laptop that actually has what I need vs a half-axed one for $950.
wrong one buddy

yeah that 1060 is really nice.
i'm probably gonna get it
it sucks not having a CD drive in the computer but it makes sense why it doesn't have one.
a desktop-end 1060 card prob wouldnt be able to fit if there was a clunky cd drive taking up all that space lol
i can just get an external USB cd drive anyway, they only cost like 25 bucks

yeah that 1060 is really nice.
i'm probably gonna get it
it sucks not having a CD drive in the computer but it makes sense why it doesn't have one.
a desktop-end 1060 card prob wouldnt be able to fit if there was a clunky cd drive taking up all that space lol
i can just get an external USB cd drive anyway, they only cost like 25 bucks
Yeah just get an external DVD drive.

DVD drives are combo with both CD and DVD, CD drives is just CD

Yeah just get an external DVD drive.

DVD drives are combo with both CD and DVD, CD drives is just CD
yeah thats what i meant, my bad lol

Since I can't paste it due to the referral link block just Google this. It's a very good budget laptop. Should be the first Amazon link.

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 Gaming Laptop - (15.6" FHD (1920x1080), Intel Quad-Core i5-7300HQ, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB, Windows 10 - Black)

Since I can't paste it due to the referral link block just Google this. It's a very good budget laptop. Should be the first Amazon link.

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 Gaming Laptop - (15.6" FHD (1920x1080), Intel Quad-Core i5-7300HQ, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB, Windows 10 - Black)
Not trying to hammer you over the head dude, but come on, did you read the 1st page?
I am not under any circumstances going to be getting a Dell. In my experience (and my friends who have had dell laptops), they are cheap flimsy laptops made with plastic that break easily and stop working after a year or less. They're cheaper for a good reason. The last Dell I had literally fell apart (the casing broke open and snapped, and the monitor came unhinged; laptop lasted for less than a year). My friend Unicode's last dell also fell apart on him (made of cheap flimsy plastic). Bluescreens, hard drive failures, and motherboard problems have plagued me on all dell computers i've had before.
please do not recommend low-end or poor-reputation laptop manufacturers though (eg. Dell/HP). ASUS is my personal favorite but MSI or Lenovo are probably cool too.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:32:24 PM by Planr »

Best bang for your buck is all I'm saying.

if it doesnt last for more than a year or two it wouldnt be. cheap yes, but not good value cause you'd have to shell out more for a new computer sooner rather than later.

actually read the post