Author Topic: Firefox Issues  (Read 1456 times)

I've been having this problem with Firefox and I though I'd finally try to figure it out. Keep in mind this happens almost every time the circumstances are right, and not EVERY time. I'm using the newest version of Firefox, though this has been happening the last few versions. I'm running Vista.

I have two problems;

1. When downloading something, the link will not prompt the download dialog box (with opening and saving options) unless I open it in a new tab/window.

2. Pressing "Back" while a page is loading makes the tab unusable. Reloading or pressing "Back" or "Forward" does nothing. The dialog on the bottom of the Firefox window says "Stopped". The only way to fix it is to close the tab and open it as a "Recently Closed Tab" (Ctrl + Shift + T).

Solutions to this problem do not include "stop using Firefox" or "stop using Vista", though I know that I will see these responses anyway whether you read this or not.

Thanks in advance.

I wish I had the answer, but I have these issues:
-I have Windows 7.
Firefox sometimes either freezes up upon downloading/loading data and will not respond. I have to then close it, and restart my computer to prevent the problem further. Hao2fix

For the first problem, you could try using a download manager. I use DownThemAll, works like a charm.

For the second problem, I have no clue.

This and crashing whenever I close a tab happened for me. I don't use FF anymore.

This and crashing whenever I close a tab happened for me. I don't use FF anymore.

Oh god. I had to reinstall Firefox every month or two because it would crash on startup. I didn't even have any addons installed, either.

Firefox has only crashed twice that I remember in the year and a half that I've been using it.

Stop using Firefox and stop using Vista!  :cookieMonster:

Okay, being more serious:
I had this problem a while back on my laptop. Reinstall Firefox is all I can think of doing.

Firefox scans files once they have downloaded, Which makes it freeze.

Disable
Type about:config in the url bar and search for browser.download.manager.scan WhenDone, set to false
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:58:14 AM by tails »

I'm assuming you've tried a reinstall? Any addons maybe messing it up?