Author Topic: Valve better get their thumb out of their ass and start actually helping out.  (Read 974 times)

I got a problem when it comes to my headset on my gaming computer. It works fine on my other computer when it comes to games but when I plug it into my other computer it works still, but when I go into any Steam game I have the microphone of the headset doesn't want to work at all. I asked Steam this about a week ago and they still haven't responded with an answer yet. And now, my speakers on the same computer with the microphone problem forget up Left4Dead 1 sounds. It kind of gives it a "Wah wah" sound. I don't know why, it hasn't done this in any other Steam games, but only Left4Dead. My speakers are the X-540 5.1 Speaker System by Logitech.

In short: Microphone works but somehow won't work in-game, my speakers are loving up Left4Dead 1's sound, and Valve is still sitting around with their thumb up their fat sweaty asses.

Think anybody has an idea of what my problem is?

Whoa what's your problem, stop blaming valve about YOUR computer messing up

They have a really small tech support team give them a break.

My headset would glitch out whenever I start up sony vegas. It changed the sound pitch, and fluctuated between high and low pitch. It stopped whenever I exited out of vegas, and started whenever I started vegas.

It went away after I fiddled with the audio settings.

Try changing some audio settings in-game.

try playing without audio
I do it all the time
turn on the radio or something

Steam probably hasn't responded because there's nothing they can do about it.

Anyone with brains even uses voice chat nowadays?

what does this have to do with valve?

maybe ask steam support. but even they may tell you that it is obviously your fault.

what does this have to do with valve?

maybe ask steam support. but even they may tell you that it is obviously your fault.
I asked Steam Support a few days ago about this, they still haven't responded yet.
Try changing some audio settings in-game.
Did that, still fixes nothing.

I asked Steam Support a few days ago about this, they still haven't responded yet.Did that, still fixes nothing.
I asked Steam Support something before and they needed exactly two weeks to respond to me. You know how many users use Steam and how many of them need support?

Chances are they'll just tell him to get some new hardware.