Blockland Weapon Buy System

Author Topic: Blockland Weapon Buy System  (Read 39872 times)

I'm actually having someone do the weapon scripting for me, Tc572. Since he bought all the models the scripts would use.

Ah well :-/

Ive liked all your Add-ons so far,so I wanted to help,but all I can really do is model half assed.

I need to practice so I can get a scripter/actually want to script the things I want to.

Very nice Hells.
Nice
Thanks.
I need to practice so I can get a scripter/actually want to script the things I want to.
Practice makes perfect! Anyway, I would script your weapons that you model if you wanted me too. Just PM me whenever you got a model ready and I'll script it+explain what I did.

Update:
I've completed yet another feature that I've listed! Double/Triple kills now provide extra money and notifies the entire server that the player got a special kill.
-Double/Triple kills provide extra money!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:34:37 PM by HellsHero »

Where is your $$$ displayed?

My suggestion:
•You have a bottom bar with your cash displayed
•You start out with like 25$..
•When You Die You Drop Your Cash.

Have fun!

You have a bottom bar with your cash displayed
It's already like that.
You start out with like 25$..
No, you start with $800.
When You Die You Drop Your Cash.
No, since when you respawn you're meant to have money to be able to rebuy weapons.

Where is your $$$ displayed?
In a bottom print, I guess it's time to post a new picture.

Awesome it will work with any weapon or item the host wants right? 

as in a pref with checks beside a list of weapons and items and the host can tick which ones he wants to appear in the list, and it will show the weapon inventory icon in the store

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:00:41 PM by Flying Ace »

Awesome it will work with any weapon or item the host wants right? 

as in a pref with checks beside a list of weapons and items and the host can tick which ones he wants to appear in the list, and it will show the weapon inventory icon in the store
Once again, I'm going to say this: I might consider doing this in some later version.

Updated main post with a new image and description!

Energy bar showing the armour's health, which is 50 for Light Armour. (It's half way empty because it's 50/100 energy, 50 is this armour type's max)
it works with the health bar player type right? I mean it does not go on top of it?
BottomPrint that shows the amount of money you have. (I might add this to the GUI too)

It's only there while in a buy zone correct? cause it would be annoying to be there while fighting ;)

You need to add a function where you can save groups of weapons if your the player.

Like we can save brick loadouts, have 1-7 and a set fave button up top.

You would click this after you had bought everything and it would log it and save it.

Proably impossible but it would be usefull for quick Buying/shooting the spawn attackers sort of deal.

Or you could just event a wall to dissapear in 30 seconds to give people time to buy in the begining.

it works with the health bar player type right? I mean it does not go on top of it right?
Sort-of, I made my own version of it.
It's only there while in a buy zone correct? cause it would be annoying to be there while fighting ;)
At the moment it's not, because the money gets effected by your kills. Maybe I'll make it appear for a second when you kill someone and make it appear constantly when you're in the buy zone.

You need to add a function where you can save groups of weapons if your the player.

Like we can save brick loadouts, have 1-7 and a set fave button up top.

You would click this after you had bought everything and it would log it and save it.

Proably impossible but it would be usefull for quick Buying/shooting the spawn attackers sort of deal.

Or you could just event a wall to dissapear in 30 seconds to give people time to buy in the begining.
At first when I read this once I was thinking, oh boy this will be hard, but after some thinking I found a way. It would save the items in your inventory and then later when you press the button it would add all the prices together and check if you have enough money if you do it would add them all in.

EDIT: Oops, double post.

A toggleable bounty perhaps? Builds up, the more kills the more you are worth, making you a valuable target for the enemy.