1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
Other (see post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Heavy-Duty Light Weapon  (Read 681 times)

Note that "Torch" can be used to refer to a flashlight.

After fiddling with Pole Bricks to make a sort of torch prop, I came across an idea: Why not have a sort of heavy-duty flashlight weapon? This sort of item would emit its own light, but be capable of use as a weapon. For those who would not want to put it away, there could be an event trigger for it, such as "onTorchHit". It could also have RTB preferences to see whether or not it can be used as a weapon (if not it's held and used like a normal light), whether or not the light can be toggled with the light key as an item, or whether or not it can be used as a damaging weapon.

The brick model of the "torch" I was fiddling with.

Suggestions or criticism welcome.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:15:27 PM by Pliny »

I was making one like this, with a joint in the tar that emitted a fire em miter and a flickering light. 

I was making one like this, with a joint in the tar that emitted a fire em miter and a flickering light.  

Sorry, I meant flashlight. A flashlight is occasionally referred to as a "torch".

Sorry, I meant flashlight. A flashlight is occasionally referred to as a "torch".
Oh, well it doesn't matter, the torch was going to be a more medieval type. Also, there is a flashlight, but it doesn't give off it's own light.

I knew about that one, (by Iceblue?) but this was meant as a more weapon-like one that also gave off its own light. It was kind of inspired by Thuggish Splicers form Bioshock occasionally carrying heavy-duty flashlights as weapons.