Author Topic: Blockland Trading Card Game  (Read 3591 times)

This Sounds OK But Everyone Is Just Arguing About The "Nitty Gritty" Stuff. Ok It Might Be Glitchy, But Mabye At Least Stop Saying All Of The Problems, Cos If It's Perfect Badspot Will Like It, And That Ain't Good.
Details are important. You can't just say "LOL TRADEIN CADR ADDONE" and expect that to be a usable design.

Hey, if I can't BETA test, could I help make the pictures for the cards? Lately I've been craving work :3

Note for all potential beta testers: I have not decided if it's going to be an open beta or not.

I think you should add like a shop mod to it so you can get ranks for your cards depending how much $B you have.

(etc. bronze, silver is $B100: down to bronze from silver, $B50: silver to gold is $B500: gold to platinum is $B1,000)

Ninja Edit: Your card should become the color your rank is starting at red.

Double Ninja Edit: If anyone can BETA test, I would like to.
I don't quite understand what you mean.

Adding a money system to the entirety of BL? Isn't that what roblox did? Either way, it's way too big of a change and would require badspot's approval. This thing should stay server-sided. Oh, and what would hypothetically give you money?
You underestimate the lack of care Badspot has for add-ons. There have been several mods in the past that have added a money system to Blockland (Brick buying mod, in Coding Help theres a topic about using wood to build, there was a mod for v8 where you could trade money and such), and pretty much anything you do that doesn't modify his vital code to the point where it doesn't function properly is okay with him.

So how exactly would you collect the cards. Would you get a pack of five cards per week or per day or would you have to earn them?

NINJAEDIT: Also would you be able to trade them? Also, also how many would you start off with?
The exact details are still undergoing a thought process, but I thought something either like TF2 where the longer you play the higher chance you have of getting a card, or the weekly random number 1-10. Any ideas are welcome still.

Any add-on that relies solely on the integrity of player-run servers is not going to work out very well.
While I'm probably somehow wrong, I would say the RTB name/ID database relies solely on player-run servers.

This Sounds OK But Everyone Is Just Arguing About The "Nitty Gritty" Stuff. Ok It Might Be Glitchy, But Mabye At Least Stop Saying All Of The Problems, Cos If It's Perfect Badspot Will Like It, And That Ain't Good.
I Don't Quite Understand Why You're Talking Like This, Nor What You're Talking About, But I Don't See Anyone In This Thread That Is Arguing About The Small Details, And The Only Mod I've Seen That Badspot Has Actually Supported Is RTB, And I Highly Doubt This "Project" Will Get To That High Of A Level.

Hey, if I can't BETA test, could I help make the pictures for the cards? Lately I've been craving work :3
You can make the background for the cards if you wish. Try to make it a decent card with a picture on top and stats on the bottom.

The exact details are still undergoing a thought process, but I thought something either like TF2 where the longer you play the higher chance you have of getting a card, or the weekly random number 1-10. Any ideas are welcome still.
If you did it like that someone could easily just leave there computer running with blockland on.

I think every week you should gain one pack of five cards. The cards inside should be random. I also think that when you download the mod you gain 20 cards.

And one more thing, there should be something that keeps your cards even when you re-download blockland, because it would be really annoying if you had just got the rarest card ever and then you got a bug in blockland and had to re-download and lose all your cards.

While I'm probably somehow wrong, I would say the RTB name/ID database relies solely on player-run servers.

Correct, you are entirely wrong.

If you did it like that someone could easily just leave there computer running with blockland on.
Yes, people do that in TF2 also. It's called idling.
I think every week you should gain one pack of five cards. The cards inside should be random. I also think that when you download the mod you gain 20 cards.
Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking if I didn't do it the TF2 way.
And one more thing, there should be something that keeps your cards even when you re-download blockland, because it would be really annoying if you had just got the rarest card ever and then you got a bug in blockland and had to re-download and lose all your cards.
All your cards will be stored on a database on my webserver to prevent someone opening up "Cards.txt" and changing it so they have a bunch of cards.
Correct, you are entirely wrong.
Thought so.

The card could look like this.

The card could look like this.
I would never want a card like that.

Yes, people do that in TF2 also. It's called idling.

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking if I didn't do it the TF2 way.

All your cards will be stored on a database on my webserver to prevent someone opening up "Cards.txt" and changing it so they have a bunch of cards.
I think you should do it the non-TF2 way.

Yes I though that might be the case. But be ready for millions of PMs saying "OMG, gIv ma the Badspot crd or else!." In other words you might get lots of PMs from noobs saying they want you to give them the rarest card.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Damn you.

I don't know if it's good enough but here it is:

I don't know if it's good enough but here it is:
did you turn an ocean on it's side and copy-paste the B from Blockland into the bottom corner?

did you turn an ocean on it's side and copy-paste the B from Blockland into the bottom corner?
Lol.

Ehhh, no. I drew that, if it was an ocean then, well... I don't even see how it's an ocean :o I drew it to look like the BL Forums logo, but a little less abstract.