42 (41.6%)
Playstation 3. :D
28 (27.7%)
I have a life.
14 (13.9%)
I suck so much I like X-Box 360.
17 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Wii vs Playstation 3  (Read 10908 times)

Never played MGS...hmm

Never played MGS...hmm
You missed out. I've played it and been following the series ever since it hit the NES

And I'm positive the main character in every MGS is "Cardboard Box A"

I heard MGS 2 was ported on the original X-Box, but didn't sell too well.

Each system has something which makes it better than the other two, so there is no reason to fight over which one is better. If anyone has been to the system wars forum on Gamespot.com, you would know that this "war" is a never ending loop. Wii has innovation in the controller and downloadable nintendo games; PS3 has innovation in bluray, the controller (which I think is too gimicky), and the cell; and the 360 has innovation in the online service, controller (when it first came out), and computer connectivity.

-my 2 cents

Well, in Japan the XBOX doesn't sell as well as it does in the States or Europe, so i find the rumor to be little more than n00b-talk

And MGS 2: Substance was ported to XBOX, I would say it didn't translate well (the controls) But offered more intrigue
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 01:07:10 PM by Ronin »

Is the 360 still doing bad in Japan? I heard that there were many more purchases now that the Blue Dragon bundle came out.

Its not doing bad, but Sony has a death grip around Japanese video games, i would imagine that XBOX would be in second place, or until the Wii comes out

Its odd i found out Konami has its own line of store, gyms, and vitamins...

Its odd i found out Konami has its own line of store, gyms, and vitamins...
lol I didn't know that.
Anyways, I'm off to buy Gears of War; if this was released in Japan, I'm sure the 360 would sell a lot more.

A ton of Asian companies like Samsung, Toshiba, and Sony sell lots of other things than just games or TVs. I've been to a few Sony shops that have invaded America, and I hear there are other department style stores over seas.

Movement sensors, however, they blatantly ripped off from Nintendo.

No, they didn't rip off anything. It's an ordinary gyro in the PS3 controller, like in one controller I had for my PS1. So, no.. The technology in the PS3 controller is old. It can only registre tilts, not movements up, down, forward or back. So it's not a rip off of the Wii controller. So stop blaming Sony for that, thanks..

i plan on owning all 3.

but i like the games that follow the ps's
cited about the powerhouse ps3.
360 pretty much has the same games, might as well own the better hardware (ps3)

but nintendos got alot of unique games i need.

I'd rather get the PS3, because I don't want to look like an idiot flailing around my living room like i am about to have a seizure.

I hate how Sony removed the controller's rumble feature.  >.<

all it that rumble feature was, is a tiny ocillator attached to a small generator. You could bash a controller to fix it, but the games most likly wouldn't support rumble feature.

I hate how Sony removed the controller's rumble feature.  >.<

On that point I agree =/ That was a bad move by Sony. I don't care about a damn gyro-function. I want the Dual Shock back!

Eh.. Ronin I have a message for you:

-*-/\/\Ä®©Ø -*- BORAT WAS SO loving FUNNY says:
can u post somthing
-*-/\/\Ä®©Ø -*- BORAT WAS SO loving FUNNY says:
marco says ronin ur a little panzy for thinking that those comercials make saw 3 look not scary... pusillanimous individual