Author Topic: I absolutlely cannot host my own server.  (Read 2316 times)

I've tried everything from port forwarding to disableing it to turning off internet firewall to... well, everything and the server still comes up unjoinable. Yes. UPnP is enabled.

I tried the tutorial and nothing. This is making me want to smash my new router and modem with a crowbar.

Can anybody help me? Please?

I've tried everything from port forwarding to disableing it to turning off internet firewall to... well, everything and the server still comes up unjoinable. Yes. UPnP is enabled.

I tried the tutorial and nothing. This is making me want to smash my new router and modem with a crowbar.

Can anybody help me? Please?

Your router may randomize the UPnP ports.

Your router may randomize the UPnP ports.
Any way to change it so it works?

Did you try this Tutorial http://portforward.com/?
Yes I did. Are the ports 28000 - 28030? If not, please tell me what the correct ones are.

Also, I need to know what the correct IP adress is.

Badspot's tutorial said 192.168.1.45. Should it be different?

Also, I need to know what the correct IP adress is.

Badspot's tutorial said 192.168.1.45. Should it be different?
/smack

Ok, To find your IP address, Go to Start>Run>cmd> And then type ipconfig, Then it should say IP address then some numbers.

Your router may randomize the UDP ports.
If so, you can still use UPnP, however port forwarding isn't possible.

Ok, To find your IP address, Go to Start>Run>cmd> And then type ipconfig, Then it should say IP address then some numbers.
Should be listed under the "IPV4 address", something along the lines of 192.168.*.* (* being any number) is the standard format, however some are known to be 10.0.*.* (my router defaults to that, idiotic thing 0.o)

If so, you can still use UPnP, however port forwarding isn't possible.
Should be listed under the "IPV4 address", something along the lines of 192.168.*.* (* being any number) is the standard format, however some are known to be 10.0.*.* (my router defaults to that, idiotic thing 0.o)
So that IP address should be my router? I thought it was supposed to be at the server it was forwarding... oh well. I'll try it tomorrow and see if it works.

(Damnit. My Wii is so tough to type on!)

IPV4 should be your address, default gateway should be your router. You want the IPV4

Your port forwarding should be something like
[28000] - [28000] [TCP+UDP/Both] [Your IP]
Obviously can vary wildly according to router, but you will need to put your IP in there somewhere.

I know it's a big bump, but I tried port-forwarding to the correct router and it still didn't work. I know I'm asking a lot, but I just want to host my own server again.

Anyone willing to help me at all?

Portforwarding overrides UPnP.
Your incorrect portforwarding is screwing it up.

Solution: Turn off portforwarding.

Portforwarding overrides UPnP.
Your incorrect portforwarding is screwing it up.

Solution: Turn off portforwarding.
I tried that and no success. Could a wierd firewall be preventing it? Or do I just port-forward and dissable UPnP?

however some are known to be 10.0.*.* (my router defaults to that, idiotic thing 0.o)
That's actually quite a normal thing to do
http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux/2001-October/000890.html
> > The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has reserved the
> > following three blocks of the IP address space for private internets:
> >
> >       10.0.0.0    - 10.255.255.255  (10/8 prefix)
> >       172.16.0.0  - 172.31.255.255  (172.16/12 prefix)
> >       192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (192.168/16 prefix)