{K} Krypt - And the new leader and co-leader are...

Poll

0 (0%)

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: {K} Krypt - And the new leader and co-leader are...  (Read 546000 times)

For all those who still don't know, I am Kyzor. I've decided that if you don't already know I'm Kyzor, too damn bad.

8/15/11 - Krypt is now under new leadership. Congratulations to Kohna and Tophat for their victories as leader and co-leader, respectively, in the recent elections. And thanks once again to everyone who voted.
6/17/11 - We have our first scripting member, Brian Smith. Welcome, Brian.
5/16/11 - Everyone please welcome our newest member, HerpaDerp.
3/26/11 - Re-made topic graphics because I didn't like the other recent ones. I think the new ones are really nice, personally.
3/22/11 - New OP theme; every single image has been re-made from scratch (yes I know they're fairly large, I'll consider resizing them sometime but not right now because it's 4 in the morning and I want to go to bed).
3/21/11 - Thread unlocked and we're back in business.
2/1/11 - News cleared.

Zombie Killin' with Skip and Kyzor, a Left 4 Dead gameplay series: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=157745.0

Krypt is a creative clan focused on several things, including:
  • Building -- Our builds are aimed at modern to near future styles (not space ships, not high-tech laboratories).
  • Film-making -- We here at Krypt take our movie making very seriously.
  • Graphic design -- As the logo suggests, abstract designs are our strong point.
  • Modeling -- Weapons, vehicles, tools, we model them all.
  • **NEW** Scripting -- This is a new section of Krypt, focused on creating efficient, useful, quality scripts for use in our servers, or for public release.

PM your application to me, or, if it's a build or movie, post it in Gallery with a link to its topic here. I will review your application and either approve or reject it within a week.

Building applications:
Number of bricks is not so much a concern here as quality is. As long as your build properly demonstrates your skills as well as the overall theme of the clan (modern to near future), brick count is not an issue. Just remember this: quantity ≠ quality. This means that your app could be 10000+ bricks and not be accepted due to lack of quality. Also, please build efficiently. Don't spam your build with 1x1x5s.

Note: You may not receive any help whatsoever from others to make your app. Doing so will result in an automatic rejection and possible exemption from re-applying.

Film-making applications:
If you wish to apply for the film-making portion of Krypt, please provide an example of your skills (a video you've made, uploaded to your favorite video sharing site with the link posted here). Videos must not be some simple Windows Movie Maker creation. This is not to say you cannot use WMM to create videos, just take your time and put effort into it.

Krypt Films Intro

Graphic design applications:
Application requirements for this are slightly more strict. For instance, don't use Paint. Gimp, Paint.NET, and Photoshop are recommended. Basically as long as it's not Paint, you're probably okay. Again, create an application image, upload it to your favorite image hosting site (Photobucket is a suggestion), and post the link here. As previously stated, apps should meet the theme of the clan. Refer to the clan logo if needed.

Modeling applications:
Create a model in your favorite modeling program (Blender and MilkShape are recommended) and post pictures of it here. The model can be anything from a weapon to a tool, so go crazy, but make it look good, and please flatshade it. Add a script to it if you want, but you don't have to.

Scripting applications:
This is a new section of Krypt, devoted to creating useful, efficient scripts for use in our servers, or for public release. For scripting applications, your script obviously must do something useful, and preferably original. If you would like to add a script to a model made by a Krypt modeler as your app, please tell me you're doing so before actually doing it.
Important note: I will be thoroughly checking each and every script submitted as an application, or if you're already a scripting member, every script you create for the clan will also be run through a check by myself. While I do not know much of the Torque scripting language, I know how to read through scripts and check for malicious functions and/or syntax. If I find malicious or exploitative code in your script, you will be permanently removed from the clan and blacklisted if you're a member, and if the script you're using as an app contains malicious code, you will be barred from re-applying and blacklisted.

This section is for displaying add-ons made by Krypt members. If the add-on has a download link, go ahead and download it, no need to ask. If it doesn't, that means it's a clan-only add-on, which means you can't have it, so don't ask.

Omniwrench by Makanix (from the game "Ratchet and Clank")

Fusion Rifle by Pi and Kyzor (from the game "Ratchet: Deadlocked") (Coming soon maybe)

Zap-O-Matic by Pi and Kyzor (from the game "Destroy All Humans!") (Coming soon maybe)
(pictures coming soon)

KrypTech applications:
KrypTech is an entirely separate section of Krypt, devoted to creating top-quality images, builds, models, and, something new, event contraptions. To apply for this section of KrypTech, you must abide by the following criteria:

• If you're creating a build, it must

- Be at least 2,000 bricks
- Have taken you more than an hour to build (there are exceptions to this)
- Receive an approval from all clan administrators
- Have not received any help from others

• If you're creating an image, it must

- Have taken you more than approximately 45-60 minutes (again, there are exceptions to this)
- Have been made with Photoshop (I know this sounds harsh, but unless you can show that you're so good with Paint.NET that you don't need Photoshop to do amazing things, you have to have Photoshop; additionally, while Paint.NET can do some pretty amazing things, it's very difficult to create the same effects with PDN that you can with PS)
- Not be spammed with filters; come on people, filters are nice, but you can do so much without them
- Have a resolution of at least 300 ppi, if your computer can handle that

• If you're creating a model, it must

- Be fairly low-poly, yet still high quality
- Be flatshaded. This is not difficult, so please do it
- Have taken you at least an hour (once again, there are exceptions to this)

• If you're creating an event contraption, it must

- Have taken you at least 45-60 minutes (once again, there are exceptions to this)
- Have at least 50 events, give or take a few depending on what it does
- Not be any sort of thing that simply fires a projectile in a fancy way; sure, those kinds of things are great, but are not acceptable for KrypTech
- Note: For KrypTech event applications, I or my admins will need to either visit your server to look at it, or I'll have you load it in my server, whichever one works for you

If you are accepted into KrypTech, your clan tags shall be {KT}, and you will have a {KT} next to your name in the memberlist.

* KrypTech unfortunately does not accept movies for applications, as it does not have a film-making sub-section. *

KrypTech Leaders:

A few works by Kyzor

• Please, try your hardest to use proper spelling/grammar/punctuation/etc.
  • You represent the clan, which means don't go anywhere and act like an imbecile. You'll most likely get banned anyway if you do this.
  • Clan tags are to be worn as follows: {K}Kyzor
       --If you are in more than one other clan, clan tags may be worn whenever you desire, however, clan tags must be worn at clan servers.
  • And please, respect others.

YOUR KRYPT LEADERSHIP
   LEADER                 CO-LEADER
  KOHNA            TOPHAT

Members with a "~" will soon be kicked for inactivity.

• Kyzor (leader temporarily inactive as leader, founder, builder, graphic designer) / BL_ID: 11024 {KT} Graphic Design Leader
  • Pi/TheKhoz (member, modeler, builder, admin) / BL_ID: 12406 {KT} Modeling Leader
  • iownu424/Cyanian (member, modeler) / BL_ID: 10314
  • Eksi (member, builder, movie maker extraordinaire, amazing eventer, admin) / BL_ID: 13559
  • Kohna/Kovita/Rugged/Loopyla1 (temporary leader, member, builder) / BL_ID: 6537
  • Makanix (member, builder, admin) / BL_ID: 2022
  • *Magick* Mage (member, exceptional builder) / BL_ID: 671 {KT} Building Leader
  • Commander TopHat/TheChaosCarrier (co-leader, member, builder) / BL_ID: 8917
  • Treynolds416 (member, modeler) / BL_ID: 4283
  • Nethog/Kojolika (member, modeler) / BL_ID: 20890 {KT} Modeler
  • Kade (member, modeler) / BL_ID: 12958 {KT} Modeler
  • Comr4de (member, builder) / BL_ID: 11152 {KT} Builder / Eventer
  • Gambsy/Tomtom (member, graphic designer, scripter) / BL_ID: 3694 {KT} Eventer
  • Butler/Erythros (member, builder) / BL_ID: 3658
  • Brian Smith (no forum account) (member, scripter) / BL_ID: 8437
  • Big Brother (member, eventer) / BL_ID: 8294 {KT} Eventing Leader

This is a new section for clans with whom we've allied. If your clan would like to become an ally with Krypt, simply ask. Your clan must be respectable though; in other words, "1337 mastur cheef clan" cannot be an ally with us.

We help allied clans mainly with builds, as there's not much else with which you can easily help them.
  • Architech Studios (Dead :c) - Leader: Caution / BL_ID: 20994
  • Meteor - Leader: Freeze / BL_ID: 15293
  • iEvent - Leader: TomTheGeek (profile says ChuckTheArcher because his TomTheGeek account was compromised) / BL_ID: 2066

• Kyzor
  • Eksi
  • Makanix
  • Pi

-- Blacklist cleared as of 1/25/11.

Topic graphics and Krypt Films intro created by Kyzor.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:52:18 PM by Raeyok »

Can I be added to the memnberlist. Kyzor approved my app awhile ago.

No.

Okay, just because he's hated doesn't exclude him from being in any clan. He is an excellent builder and a nice person and I do not approve of dislike towards him in my clan topic. You want to hate on him, the Drama board isn't too far down the page. Sometimes getting to know people before creating your own opinion is a great thing.

What does that mean? I've seen it a lot.

It prevents people from going "first post."

Can I be added to the memnberlist. Kyzor approved my app awhile ago.

Yes, sorry Butler. I'll do that right now. Your ID is 3985, right?

LewnaJa might be an idiot, but he can build well. Ky, is your name still Kyzor in Blockland? And do you still host?

Okay, just because he's hated doesn't exclude him from being in any clan. He is an excellent builder and a nice person and I do not approve of dislike towards him in my clan topic. You want to hate on him, the Drama board isn't too far down the page. Sometimes getting to know people before creating your own opinion is a great thing.
i do that

Dammit respond to my PM
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahah he can't.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahah he can't.
Stop reminding me