Poll

What should we make our next pack?

HL2 weapons
Modern Warefare 2 Weps
Bad Company
Anything, I don't care
L4D2 Melee weapons
Go away forever.

Author Topic: L4D2 Weaponset (By Yndaaa, and me) - UPDATE 4-28  (Read 203897 times)

dude if you're gonna pull that 'weapon scripts are similar for a reason' thing i'm gonna punch you in the face right through your computer screen

fundamentally weapon scripts are similar because that's how you make weapons: tier+tactical was actually different in a bunch of ways, like getting less accurate when you shoot, raycasting pistols, reloading, concussion blasts, piercing, but there's a difference between ctrl-h-ing a few datablocks and starting to edit the propertises to make a genuinely new and unique weapon but it's something else entirely when you basically just reskin what already exists and pass it off as yours

the only things that remotely salvage this add-on is yndaaa's animations (which need to be sped up, by the way), but i still think he'd be better off learning how to make mods himself rather then giving out models to people who do this kind of thing

this is the best weapon set ever i cant wate to see more weapons like this

dude if you're gonna pull that 'weapon scripts are similar for a reason' thing i'm gonna punch you in the face right through your computer screen

fundamentally weapon scripts are similar because that's how you make weapons: tier+tactical was actually different in a bunch of ways, like getting less accurate when you shoot, raycasting pistols, reloading, concussion blasts, piercing, but there's a difference between ctrl-h-ing a few datablocks and starting to edit the propertises to make a genuinely new and unique weapon but it's something else entirely when you basically just reskin what already exists and pass it off as yours

the only things that remotely salvage this add-on is yndaaa's animations (which need to be sped up, by the way), but i still think he'd be better off learning how to make mods himself rather then giving out models to people who do this kind of thing

-snip-

So your saying this isn't a good thing?

-Snip-
[/Agree]

Rykuta, try to make more unique weapons next time. This really does seem like Tier+Tactical with some reskins.

oh what the forget

the dude copy-pasted like my entire shotgun script for the hunting shotgun and everything but the sounds for the chrome shotgun

literally the only changes are datablock names, ammo capacity, model and the total lack of a zombies damage system

he's even got shotgunblastprojectile still sitting in there and he didn't have the sense to try hiding that at all

I just found out these screw up gcats firearms. I also noticed they are like bushidos

Hope the models will be used for less copied-versions of these, they're really high quality.

I warned Yndaaa numerous times not to give them to rykuta. He asked what was wrong and I told him to ask the drama section.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=105600.0

I warned Yndaaa numerous times not to give them to rykuta. He asked what was wrong and I told him to ask the drama section.
I think I even warned him via steam, oh well.

This is the best wep pack I've seen in my life! Move over GCat, there's a new maker in Blockland! :cookieMonster: (Btw GCat, still love your add ons)

This is the best wep pack I've seen in my life! Move over GCat, there's a new maker in Blockland! :cookieMonster: (Btw GCat, still love your add ons)

More demonstration the working Rykuta is a bad thing. And so is he in general.

you are god

dude that is not one bit funny, I think that is offensive, on noe is god just because they make awesome weapons. gtfo

Don't act like I'm an idiot, I at least know what a canreload = 1; does.

HOLY forget! YOU'RE A GENIUS! I HAD NO IDEATHAT THE CANRELOAD VARIABLE DETERMINES IF SOMETHING CAN RELOAD! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT?!??!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

dude that is not one bit funny, I think that is offensive, on noe is god just because they make awesome weapons. gtfo
religion cigarette