Author Topic: TDM_ColdStorage  (Read 7687 times)

This was a fun server :p

Nice build over all weapon choice bugged me a bit.

I agree 100% I love the oldschool rifle, but the others were.. meh

Nice.

Although the Old-school rifle is not a good choice.

I think the weapons are fine.

The DB Shotgun, for all purpose, QCQ.
The OSR, for sniping, obviously.
The Chainsaw, for raping snipers from behind.
The 2 pills, to keep you alive.

Frankly, most people who complain hate on the DB simply because it's not point-click-kill. As I said earlier, I like my deathmatches to be challenging and require skill. Trust me, if you spend enough time with the DB, you quickly learn to enjoy it's powerful close-range 1hits.

As for the OSR, it fits perfectly with the build. As the build isn't wide and open, it's not abusive, but the sniper is still useful, especially for taking out tank crews, for example.

I think the build is okay, but the weapons are pretty terrible.

No offense to whoever made it, but the chainsaw just kind of sucks all around.

The DB Shotgun is nice, but not when it's the only weapon you have.  Plus, we've moved past the novelty of having to load the shells every time you equip it.

The Old-School Rifle is good, but not for this map.  It renders tanks useless, because anyone who gets in them is immediately sniped.  It's too abusive for this map, one look out into the open and you're dead.

Basically, it's run around, get one-shotted by an OSR, wait for the hours it takes to end the round because of new people joining, respawn, run around, shoot at guy point blank with the DB Shotgun, he doesn't die, you can't finish him off because that's your only weapon, he oneshots you with an OSR, watch as the ping goes up to 200 because someone is using his internet while he's hosting a dedi, wait, respawn, etc.

I didn't like it at all.

No offense to whoever made it, but the chainsaw just kind of sucks all around.
Reason? It's a perfectly good melee weapon. Nice for catching people unaware. Say, snipers.

The DB Shotgun is nice, but not when it's the only weapon you have.  Plus, we've moved past the novelty of having to load the shells every time you equip it.
I feel that without it, the map is too small. Running the DM with the assault rifle made it completely insane, as it's range spanned the entire map. The thing about the DB is that not only does it require skill, but it also has the perfect range to make the map the right size.

The Old-School Rifle is good, but not for this map.  It renders tanks useless, because anyone who gets in them is immediately sniped.  It's too abusive for this map, one look out into the open and you're dead.
This is most certainly not the case. Maybe if you take a leisurely stroll around outside of the warehouses you may get sniped, but have no trouble running from warehouse to warehouse. As for the tank, indeed, the OSRs are effective against it, but if you have the driver move around alot, it makes it much more difficult for the snipers. Additionally, the blast radius from the tank allows you to take out even hidden snipers.

If you guys don't like my weapon choice, what DO you suggest? :3

Fourth picture has a floating plate. That it?
*cough*

watch as the ping goes up to 200 because someone is using his internet while he's hosting a dedi, wait, respawn, etc.
What the hell? Connections over the internet barely have an effect on your computer. You have to be trying real hard to affect your internet.

Reason? It's a perfectly good melee weapon. Nice for catching people unaware. Say, snipers.
I feel that without it, the map is too small. Running the DM with the assault rifle made it completely insane, as it's range spanned the entire map. The thing about the DB is that not only does it require skill, but it also has the perfect range to make the map the right size.
This is most certainly not the case. Maybe if you take a leisurely stroll around outside of the warehouses you may get sniped, but have no trouble running from warehouse to warehouse. As for the tank, indeed, the OSRs are effective against it, but if you have the driver move around alot, it makes it much more difficult for the snipers. Additionally, the blast radius from the tank allows you to take out even hidden snipers.

Hey, if you wanna sit here and argue with everyone who disagrees with your weapon choices, whatever.  I was just stating my opinion.

What the hell? Connections over the internet barely have an effect on your computer. You have to be trying real hard to affect your internet.

All I know is that I'm seeing my ping on that specific server jump from 80 to 200 back to 150 then to 250 and all of the other servers are stable.  The DB Shotgun is rendered even more useless because there is such a delay between when you fire and when the projectiles spawn.

All I know is that I'm seeing my ping on that specific server jump from 80 to 200 back to 150 then to 250 and all of the other servers are stable.
Cucumber is most likely using the computer excessively like an irresponsible host.

Cucumber is most likely using the computer excessively like an irresponsible host.

That's what I said, he's using the internet on the same computer he's hosting the dedicated server on.

watch as the ping goes up to 200 because someone is using his internet while he's hosting a dedi,

That's what I said, he's using the internet on the same computer he's hosting the dedicated server on.

Played this the other day.  Mostly its a lot of fun.

The build is fine.. if a bit cramped.   the only thing i would change is to spread out the spawnpoints in each of the bases -- and find a way to change things so you cant snipe the spawnpoint from OUTSIDE the bases.

Weapons -- the shotgun is dissapointing at close range.  I expect to do medium to small damage from a distance, but if I can get in somebody's face, I expect a 1-shot kill

You just need a decent computer.  I frequently have a dedicated AND a single player game running at the same time.

OO hey I remember you taking pics! To bad you didn't get me going kamikaze off a roof :c

if I can get in somebody's face, I expect a 1-shot kill
It is a 1-shot kill at close range. That is, if you many of the projectiles actually hit the enemy.

I generally host this when I'm away at school...
So no.

However, my computer does suck. It doesn't even have wireless :c

Getting a new one soon, I think. Maybe.

I played there it was very fun i had 14 kills in a row or something then i was killed :sadface:

I was playing when I witnessed PJ boy get a 20 kill streak.