Author Topic: TF2 Critical Hits  (Read 5258 times)

but what about mini crits :O:O:O:O

People who like crits are looking for excitement.
People who don't like crits only care about their numbers on leaderboards.

I don't like crits but I also don't care about scores.
If you're  being credit to team but not earning points, then by all means do so.

What's more fun?  "I just died with the intel because I was at 20 health and saw a scout." or "I just got a point for my team because I got a lucky crit on a scout that nearly got me while I had 20 health then captured the intel!"  I say 2.

"I just got a point for my team because I got a lucky crit on a scout that nearly got me while I had 20 health then captured the intel!"
The people that hate crits are that scout.

I think they're fine.

/facepalm
Most of the time I get headshots but when I'm shooting at a scout or something I don't even bother with heads.

personally i like crits. satisfaction through my sheer ungodly luck is fun, and i can actually laugh at the way i die since i don't pay attention to the scoreboard (or, at least, my kill death ratio)

the only exception is when i get a crit for a pre-defined reason, like a buffbanner or kritzkreig. then the fun gets sapped out and i'm sitting there with an actual explanation for why i just sent that poor defenseless heavy into a wall

personally i like crits. satisfaction through my sheer ungodly luck is fun, and i can actually laugh at the way i die since i don't pay attention to the scoreboard (or, at least, my kill death ratio)

the only exception is when i get a crit for a pre-defined reason, like a buffbanner or kritzkreig. then the fun gets sapped out and i'm sitting there with an actual explanation for why i just sent that poor defenseless heavy into a wall
this

i was playing badwater on blu, and we were going to capture the second point and i launched a crit grenade off of the roof right into the bulk of their team and got like 6 kills. the whole server started laughing because just about the whole group still defending that area was gone.

shouldn't have bunched up

It makes the game from beating somebody with a calculator ("oh i have two hundred and one health left so i can take three hits from his class") to winning by actually shooting other people. Same for damage spread.

They should remove the crits and make it turnbased.

i like crits even when im getting murdered by them, its part of the game he needs to get over it

[CC]Mateo: If you were instantly killed every 60 seconds for no reason other than because it was a part of the game, a lot less people would be saying "it should stay because it's a game mechanic"
[CC]Mateo: Just because it's a game mechanic doesnt mean it should stay in the game.

Mateo = Hates crits since he is always being crocketed

I do not deny this.

I enjoy being entertained. I dislike being killed by some random person who I should have killed but who instead killed me.

What's more fun?  "I just died with the intel because I was at 20 health and saw a scout." or "I just got a point for my team because I got a lucky crit on a scout that nearly got me while I had 20 health then captured the intel!"  I say 2.

What's more fun, I just let my entire team down because some scout with the intel and 20hp killed me by sheer luck or I just saved my team by stopping a scout with the intel from getting away?

But the game shouldn't be based on ungodly luck to this scale otherwise it becomes a roll of the dice to see who wins, which is just ridiculous.

It makes the game from beating somebody with a calculator ("oh i have two hundred and one health left so i can take three hits from his class") to winning by actually shooting other people. Same for damage spread.

So you would go up against a heavy while you were a scout with 50 hp on the basis of you might get a critical and kill him? That seems somewhat fishy to me.

What's more fun, I just let my entire team down because some scout with the intel and 20hp killed me by sheer luck or I just saved my team by stopping a scout with the intel from getting away?
It's not fun to have an unstoppable force of a team.

I like crits. The random factor is important, like you said. It's awesome when you one-hit someone by accident with a crocket.
Also I suck at this game and crits allow me to not suck.
Also server mods that remove gameplay mechanics are handicapped (NO-AWP servers on CS:S)

Because everyone is standing perfectly still floating in a void and there is no amount of strategy, tactics, movement or teamwork involved
ONLY NUMBERS