Author Topic: V15  (Read 64628 times)

Why can bricks only float in 8x water bricks

Badspot, Since the V15 update, Blockland crashes during loading datablocks whenever i try to join a server.
I dont know what to do. I posted a help topic, But NOBODY is replying.

Why can bricks only float in 8x water bricks

Because those are the bricks he made them do it.

I kept repeating myself and adding time onto the message flood wait, and ended up with a negative time that kept going down  :panda:

Badspot, can you change the variable
Code: [Select]
$pref::visibleDistanceMaxto be able to be edited to another number, when I make a map I want the visible distance to be atleast 2000, maybe even 3000 so I can see where everything is.

I kept repeating myself and adding time onto the message flood wait, and ended up with a negative time that kept going down  :panda:
Flood protection once went into negatives and I couldn't talk. Was on Red_guy's Unlimited Mining.

EDIT: This only happens when I hit flood protection when its stuck loading GUI.

There is no problem with Blockland under vista that I am aware of.  Thousands of people are using it.  The description "if I reopen Blockland after starting, it just stops working." is vague at best.  I have no idea what is actually happening to you on that description. 
EG: I tab out of Blockland or hit the thrice-damned Windows key. Then, when I try to reopen Blockland, I get a black screen for about 1 to 2 seconds before an error message pops up saying "Blockland has stopped working. (Checking for a soluti...)" for about 3 seconds before it gives up and closes Blockland.

Attached is a picture of the error and the console.log. If you need any more information I'll be happy to provide it for you.

Ninja: Mental note: crop out the parts I don't want next time. :/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 02:44:29 AM by Xalos »

What do you mean about the Z-Fighting on the 8 by cube thing? I am aware of most of these bugs.

-snip-
What could Cause this:
Vista.

Really, not console evidence.

What do you mean about the Z-Fighting on the 8 by cube thing? I am aware of most of these bugs.

Z as in direction, fighting as in conflicting... I assume that they don't move correctly... or something, but I don't even care.

Z as in direction, fighting as in conflicting... I assume that they don't move correctly... or something, but I don't even care.

Z-fighting is a phenomenon in 3D rendering that occurs when two or more primitives have similar values in the z-buffer. It is particularly prevalent with coplanar polygons, where two faces occupy essentially the same space, with neither in front. Affected pixels are rendered with fragments from one polygon or the other arbitrarily, in a manner determined by the precision of the z-buffer. It can also vary as the scene or camera is changed, causing one polygon to "win" the z test, then another, and so on. The overall effect is a flickering, noisy rasterization of two polygons which "fight" to color the screen pixels. This problem is usually caused by limited sub-pixel precision and floating point & fixed point round-off errors.
(wikipedia)

Also, I might add, some loads do not work, like they are corrupted, like one of my loads, whenever I loaded it, after a minute, my server crashed.

What could Cause this:
Vista.

Really, not console evidence.
That's pretty much where I pointed the finger of accusation at, also.

long explanation
(wikipedia)
In short:

Two polygons drawn at the same depth with this flickering effect:

Two polygons drawn at the same depth with this flickering effect:

You should have made a gif :D