Author Topic: V15  (Read 64238 times)

Err... I had a video problem when I joined a server using the "Server Preview" thingy.
Look
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3397/4642409333_d9749f4bf7_b.jpg

I joined the same server, through the same way earlier, however that sure as hell never happened to me. That might be an issue with your own computer. Maybe your graphics card couldn't quite handle it very well?

I joined the same server, through the same way earlier, however that sure as hell never happened to me. That might be an issue with your own computer. Maybe your graphics card couldn't quite handle it very well?
That's normal for a lower draw distance. Something about the bedroom makes lower draw distances display things incorrectly.

The auto-updater will finish, but then blockland closes and I have to restart again. Help?

The auto-updater will finish, but then blockland closes and I have to restart again. Help?
You're supposed to re-open the game.

But it starts the auto-updater again when I do. The installation never happens.

But it starts the auto-updater again when I do. The installation never happens.
Install manually

You... can build... in water bricks?!

Forget Half-Life for now! I'm downloading this!

So when I go to install v15, it stops installing at "Blockland.exe" and tells me it can't open the file for writing. Clicking Retry does nothing.

"Maximum ghosts increased to 256k "

Um.. am I reading this wrong? I can't seem to get this to work, I'm still stuck at the old 128k limit. My pref.cs even says the limit is 256k, but I still can't place any bricks beyond 128k

So when I go to install v15, it stops installing at "Blockland.exe" and tells me it can't open the file for writing. Clicking Retry does nothing.
Do you have Vista?

Tell us the complete error.

Do you have Vista?

Tell us the complete error.
Windows 7.
Stops at Blockland.exe and gives me this error message:

Error opening files for writing:
G:\Program Files\Blockland.exe
Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file.

So I clicked Ignore and it appeared to download just fine. But when I click on the Blockland icon, it tells me:
Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Running as administrator gives me the same message.

Trying to access links in the RSS feed brings me back to the homepage, and I can't view the images in it. Probably because they all lack the www2. prefix.
Also, the "Community" tab doesn't add fancy text to the top banner.

That aside, I like the update. I kinda miss the little slogans under the top banner, though.

Windows 7.

Retry to try again, or

So I clicked Ignore and it appeared to download just fine. But when I click on the Blockland icon, it tells me:
Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Running as administrator gives me the same message.

Close Blockland before trying to update it.

Close Blockland before trying to update it.
It is closed. Now it won't start at all.

Windows 7.

Retry to try again, or

Same...
...When it comes to one point it crashes!