Author Topic: [BAN] - Blockland Alliance Navy: Later, buddy.  (Read 266717 times)

i don't think ace liked my app.

For any of you nerdy people like me who think about this a lot and try to comprehend it, I have a question for you. Believe it or not, it relates to my build.

Assume that a ship has a working warp drive system. This classic theoretical system supposedly transports vessels across incredibly vast distances not by the ship's personal thrust, but by warping the fabric of time-space. (Correct me if this isn't the right idea!)

I think that it either makes a 'wave' behind the ship, pushing it faster than light, OR it takes the two ends of the ships path and pulls them together, making a kind of tunnel shortcut in the fabric of reality.

If this happened, would time be warped by this as well? Meaning, would the ship appear to arrive instantly at its destination to one person, but take years in the perspective of another?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:30:41 AM by Grignard »

Instantly.  it's why the theory of relativity means nothing in star trek

Also I am pretty much done with my ship. 

Grignard the only time the theory of relativity would forget stuff up is if warping wrked with the ship's velocity. As you approach light speed, time slows down for people in the ship. If you traveled to a star a million light years away, say, at .9r the speed of light (since you can't go faster) the journey would seem faster for you than say an onlooker at a planet at your destination. However if you warp the fabric of space, ignoring the whole time travel with that thing, there wouldn't be any discrepancy.

It really works however you want it to because it's a stinking warp drive, it's ability is made up in the first place, so it's ramifications can be made up as well.  Generally in sci-fi time remains the same relative for all things involved, unless it's a piece of a plot...

im done with Exterior, On Ship. Gunna Uploadit later.... Any IDEAS For Interior? -AJCW

Alright! I was wondering whether or not I should put a cryo-stasis chamber somewhere in the ship.

Psh, I will anyway. :D

Alright! I was wondering whether or not I should put a cryo-stasis chamber somewhere in the ship.

Psh, I will anyway. :D
ogm
yess

c:

Interior Not Made YET. Exterior only. For Now. Tell me Ideas Of How I can Make it better, I Assume you will somehow Criticize Me Anyway. 4000 Something Bricks, Doesnt Look Like It, I know. BUt Its REALLY THIS TIME Just about 4000 bricks

Oh hey, look

Interiors!

If the brick count isn't too massive on the ship, I'm going to try to incorporate a Creeper minigame arena.

Dark hallways, flickering lights, depressurized areas of the ship with zero gravity, ect...

forget that interior looks amazing.

If the brick count isn't too massive on the ship, I'm going to try to incorporate a Creeper minigame arena.

Dark hallways, flickering lights, depressurized areas of the ship with zero gravity, ect...
That is a great idea! Starship creepers are very fun and are ones that have kept people coming to servers like mine for a long time. Be sure to maybe include a "Mother Brain" Creeper in a part of the ship that is so far in it is like the brain of the creeper, that provides for an awesome and tense experience.