Author Topic: SetClientMusic  (Read 2016 times)

Requested many times before, And requested again.
Just the idea of it, Like: OnActivate > Client > SetClientMusic [After School Special].
stuff like that, It would be great for using with Zone Events for RPGs.

...Or is it impossible?

So basically, it would work like the centerprint event, only for the person clicking on the object? Why not just use music bricks for different areas? I've heard the "too loud" error has been fixed so you could just use music bricks.

So basically, it would work like the centerprint event, only for the person clicking on the object? Why not just use music bricks for different areas? I've heard the "too loud" error has been fixed so you could just use music bricks.

Centerprintwtf

If i used the music brick, i'd have to add like, 50 in one area. I need it so that when you enter a zone, You hear the music without the need to be close to the music brick. Like, only the client hears the specific music in the zone he's in.

I like, Not sure if its possible.

Centerprintwtf

Onactivate > Client > Centerprint > [Insert message here]

50 in one area? I think you're exaggerating but I see your point. That would definately be handy.

Onactivate > Client > Centerprint > [Insert message here]

50 in one area? I think you're exaggerating but I see your point. That would definately be handy.

Onactivate > Client > SetClientMusic [Music Here].
Walk anywhere and you can hear the music until there's a SetClientMusic [None] brick.

Dude, stop trying. It's like you're purposefully not understanding people.

To set music to only play for a single client would probably require that the player also has the events. Not even sure how you'd attach the music thing to the player, although I'm sure that would be possible.

The major problem is most people don't even download Music because it's excessively large files to download. Think of it like this: You hate some music? Imagine the host likes it, and puts a whole ton of it on their server. Would you take kindly to having to download it all, and probably listen to it? No.

To set music to only play for a single client would probably require that the player also has the events. Not even sure how you'd attach the music thing to the player, although I'm sure that would be possible.

The major problem is most people don't even download Music because it's excessively large files to download. Think of it like this: You hate some music? Imagine the host likes it, and puts a whole ton of it on their server. Would you take kindly to having to download it all, and probably listen to it? No.

I agree, And they don't have to download the music if they don't want to. But when im hosting an RPG server with some kick-ass calming RPG music, This could come in handy.

If you don't download the music, you don't hear it. Problem solved.

If you don't download the music, you don't hear it. Problem solved.

Ya, you didn't pay attention. My point is that he wants an event for music, but if they don't have the music to start with, it comes out pretty pointless.

Ya, you didn't pay attention. My point is that he wants an event for music, but if they don't have the music to start with, it comes out pretty pointless.
I know. Add that they should get the music for the best role playing experience somewhere. If not, their loss.

I know. Add that they should get the music for the best role playing experience somewhere. If not, their loss.

Better idea: Synthetic Music. AKA, like the brick music thing, it uses default beeps and such to make music. Use that to make RPG music.

Better idea: Synthetic Music. AKA, like the brick music thing, it uses default beeps and such to make music. Use that to make RPG music.
Yes.

Still, That's not what i'm looking for. I don't care if people don't want to download the music, as GeneralSkar said, Their loss.

Still, That's not what i'm looking for. I don't care if people don't want to download the music, as GeneralSkar said, Their loss.

To set music to only play for a single client would probably require that the player also has the events.

You seem to be suggesting it play as local music, and it would take the client settings to set that.