Author Topic: Closer-to-Summer-than-Spring Cleaning for my computer  (Read 1360 times)

So it's been awhile since I last cleaned out my computer (the virtual bits, not inside the physical computer), and I guess I want to know what I should do (besides delete any unwanted files and run a virus scan, along with deleting system32 (hurr)).

Delete unused programs.
Run disc cleanup.
Delete anything else that you feel like.
Defragment.

delete installers that you have lying around, go through pictures/music folder and delete irrelevant stuff, uninstall games that are old/fail, defragment drive.

delete installers that you have lying around
People keep installers?
owait lol firefox

besides delete any unwanted files and run a virus scan

But yeah I'll run the disk cleanup and defrag.

I always keep stuff I need on a portable hard drive then reformat the hard drive, then copy the needed stuff and install drivers. Reboot, ready to go to install.

delete installers that you have lying around, go through pictures/music folder and delete irrelevant stuff, uninstall games that are old/fail, defragment drive.

just did this myself actually, freed up 3 gig =D

empty the trash.

last trash empty I did freed up 20g, no lie.

delete MSVCP60.dll?

*Opens Recycle Bin*

*Ctrl + A*

*Looks at bottom of window*

Jesus flying Christ 1.14GB

empty the trash.

last trash empty I did freed up 20g, no lie.
stuff, I just empty it when there's something in there.

I've found that deleting temp files with the Windows cleanup tool is better than emptying recycle bin, though the latter helps.

I think one time I deleted over 60gb of temp files.

stuff, I just empty it when there's something in there.

I usually do, but I went on a media craze for a little while and deleted a bunch of files.

One time i deleted all my steam stuff from my old laptop and it was 100gbs+

I often do reinstalls completely. Probably 3 times a year.

I like the clean-feeling of my desktop.