Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 2223 times)

Holy stuff.

This game is amazing. Discuse the game.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:11:55 PM by Sirrus »

go through the sewers and stuff

I had the same feeling when I got it. It took me days to find it, but it turns out that you will find it easily.

I'm still playing after like a month. Very addicting game.

I want Fallout 1 and 2. D:

thanks. Removing that part of the OP.

Anyway, so far the one thing I don't like about the game is that the hit/damage system is a little wonky.

Two examples

1) I was point blank with a rifle against a lightly guarded raider and used the targeting system to aim at the head, with something like a 95% chance of hitting. I fired all of the four-five round burst and it only took away half of their health.

2) I had a loving minigun that I used into a crowd of enemies and it took almost all of my 250 rounds to kill all 3-4 of them.

I just feel like the damage system was ripped straight out of D&D or an equivalent system where the players (or in this case the computer) rolls to determine the chance of hitting the enemy, then rolls to decide damage, then rolls to decide if their armor is going to protect them or not. It makes sense when you're playing a full-blown RPG, or a board game, but when you're using mechanics that you've learned in all-out FPS games, it feels very odd.

Fallout 3 is unstable, as I said.

also theres been like 14 loving fallout 3 threads, somebody make a Megathread.

If they made it like real life the game would be way too easy/difficult.

Mmm, I love the "I don't want to set the world on fire" song with this game, learning it on guitar. Very relaxing.

Great game. Planning on getting GOTY cause I never got around to buying the expansions

Its pretty addictive, theres also a crapload of guns!

Oblivion is better. /thread

Oblivion is better. /thread
I want to see Fallout 3 gameplay (IE guns 'n' stuff) in a world like Oblivion's.