Poll

Locked until I update. (answer questions)

Yes
13 (25.5%)
Maybe
26 (51%)
No
6 (11.8%)
I don't know
6 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: World Warfare  (Read 31163 times)

This map is my first, but tried my best to make sure it was working correctly. I created this map because a couple days ago I was wanting to make a DM, but wanted it to take place in all settings (ex. Snow, Desert, etc) and I didn't want to make the landscape out og bricks. So I thought "Maybe I could create a map with all settings for my DMs?". And so I made this. The name is World Warfare of course. Here are the pics:
This is the preview image.

The desert area, this is where you spawn.

The big dirt area, let's just say there was an accident with a rocket.

A rocky area, there used to be a big boulder here, but eroded into gravel.

A few mountains with snow on them.

A snowfilled area.

A grassy area, A few hills too.

And the download: World Warfare
I wish to know from you if this is good enouph to be put onto RTB.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:23:29 AM by Katz »

No good pix no clix.

I'll add more later:
-snip-
Don't start making conclusions before something's entirely finished.

Post finished add ons?  Post more pictures too if it is finished.

It is finished, that would be dumb if it wasn't. I was saying that the post itself wasn't done. But now I added the rest of the pictures.

It looks cool, I could see people hosting TDMs with this. You should fix up the textures (Better grass, dirt), make the mountains look less like lumps. Other than that it is pretty decent.

Heed is right. The map is almost a DL from me.

SNOW? DESERT?
Hey, guess what, the Earth has snowy places, and deserts, all on the same planet too!  :cookieMonster: 8/10
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:54:28 PM by Zloff »

Some questions for making the map better:
  • Does the preview image seem good? Should I make it only one soldier, or none? - Keeping
  • Does the rocky area seem good, or should I get rid of it? - Getting rid of it
  • How exactly am I supposed to put textures into mission editor itself?
When the third question is answered, I'll fix the textures. I will also make the mountains more mountain like.

I will also be adding water soon.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:52:16 PM by Katz »

The snow is a little cheap looks sort of like sand but other than that 4/5 :cookieMonster:

Its okay i might dl

The rocky area looks more like a dirty area.

Hey, guess what, the Earth has snowy places, and deserts, all on the same planet too!  :cookieMonster: 8/10

Hey guess what? They're oceans apart!  :cookieMonster:

The snow is a little cheap looks sort of like sand but other than that 4/5 :cookieMonster:
The picture does look like sand, but when you're in game, you know that it's snow.

The rocky area looks more like a dirty area.
You could have been looking at the dirt area while reading the part for rocky area.

And please help by answering the questions.