Author Topic: Making a SNES handheld  (Read 2528 times)

So once I move (I am moving in a couple days) I plan on purchasing a Super Nintendo and a bunch of games. I will make a new body for it, add a screen to it and possibly give it a AV out and a second controller plugin. It would become a console/ controller/handheld at that point. It is possible to do, you can search for them. I found simple instructions to do it.

The games I plan on buying for it, can you help me and suggest games that you think are good?
Super Metroid
Mega man X
Earthworm Jim
Super Mario All-Stars
Mega Man 7
Super Castlevania IV
 Street Fighter II: Turbo
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy III
Secret of Mana
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
Earthworm Jim 2
Breath of Fire
R-Type III: The Third Lightning
Super Bomberman 2
Super R-Type
Mega Man X3
Secret of Evermore
Mega Man X2
Breath of Fire II
Final Fantasy 2
SuperGameBoy

TL;DR - I am making a handheld SNES, give me names of games you think are great for the snes, that are not on the list.

holy damn
make it and give it a different name then copyright it then sell it.

forget no, I plan on making it for playing all the badass games I used to play plus the ones I missed out on.

forget no, I plan on making it for playing all the badass games I used to play plus the ones I missed out on.
figure out how to massproduce it
then send me one :cookieMonster:
but srsly, send me one plz

i never owned an SNES, so i dont know what games to get except maybe mortal kombat?

I want a 360 handheld :u

Send me one please?

Jesus guys, I will make a step by step of what I do and give you guys a tutorial so you can do it yourselves.

Jesus guys, I will make a step by step of what I do and give you guys a tutorial so you can do it yourselves.
im serious man
make a handheld of a modern day console, and you will GET PAID
PAID, I SAY

im serious man
make a handheld of a modern day console, and you will GET PAID
PAID, I SAY
Like what? 360 is too big; as is PS3.

Like what? 360 is too big; as is PS3.
dont they have like mini-ps3-ps2 controllers

dont they have like mini-ps3-ps2 controllers
But the actual console itself is too big to cram into a handheld device.

But the actual console itself is too big to cram into a handheld device.
i guess the processor and all that stuff along with a screen would be kind of hard to jam into a console.

Get a big ass controller

i guess the processor and all that stuff along with a screen would be kind of hard to jam into a console.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_onWb0roBETQ/RwhCOMq8PKI/AAAAAAAAAEc/_a9mzD9ocFk/s1600-h/kaigai02l.gif
You would have to shrink it down a stuffload.
Anwyay, on this topic, I want to try to create my own handheld device. Something simple. :o

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_onWb0roBETQ/RwhCOMq8PKI/AAAAAAAAAEc/_a9mzD9ocFk/s1600-h/kaigai02l.gif
You would have to shrink it down a stuffload.
Anwyay, on this topic, I want to try to create my own handheld device. Something simple. :o
I was thinking about how the psp made it handheld, but then that was a totally new design