Author Topic: ►►►Making Blockland Movies  (Read 68239 times)

How do you toggle film mode in the new Retail version?

No.
I would have requested it had I not remembered to request it at a time when I was not at my computer. I forget things that I don't write on the back of my hand.

So you wrote it on the front of your hand?

I basically didn't write it.

So someone else wrote it on the front of your hand?

Updated to fit with Retail.

I have to chorttle at the fact that Aviv considers himself a "famous" director. "Infamous" is a better title.

Not only are his movies of poor quality but he has a habit of stealing ideas from others.

I'm sorry to everyone else, but my movie "Pirates of Blockland" will own all other movies made in BL or RTB. Its made in RTB of course but its still gonna be great.

Anyway...thats the end of my rant.

EDIT: Forgot to mention...great tutorial, very useful, especially part about toggling the HUD off. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:39:14 PM by Reactor Worker »

Right: NEED edit... anyhows:

When it comes to builds:

Try to use your own builds, if you use someone else's give credit and make sure they know prior to it happening. Try to get interesting angles, people like cameras that follow a person rather than those which just stay stationary

Oh, and if you didn't grasp this... TURN MSN OFF! The "Whoever signed online" boxes can and will get on your recording.

To come soon: Audio files and using without abusing them.

I'm getting an odd issue where my sound is set to the max, but FRAPS refused to record the sound at the right level.

I'm also getting where it records really fast, then lag then repeat.

Help?

I have to chorttle at the fact that Aviv considers himself a "famous" director. "Infamous" is a better title.

Not only are his movies of poor quality but he has a habit of stealing ideas from others.

I'm sorry to everyone else, but my movie "Pirates of Blockland" will own all other movies made in BL or RTB. Its made in RTB of course but its still gonna be great.

Anyway...thats the end of my rant.

EDIT: Forgot to mention...great tutorial, very useful, especially part about toggling the HUD off. Thanks :)

I also LOL'ed at that.

I'm getting an odd issue where my sound is set to the max, but FRAPS refused to record the sound at the right level.

I'm also getting where it records really fast, then lag then repeat.

Help?
I think it's because FRAPS is a very laggy program. Try to record using the ingame recorder, then record that with FRAPS. (Whilst recording with the ingame recorder don't forget to remove the GUIs still).

Another thing that might help with FRAPS lag is to lower the FPS recording level. While I typically record at 60FPS it leads to tremendous lag and huge file sizes. I believe that Lowering the recording FPS to 30 or 40 may increase smoothness by reducing lag while recording.

That's where timescale comes in useful. Less things happen during a lag spike compared to what would happen anyhow. And you can always speed it up in your editor.

ty!i can really use this,can anyone say horror fest? :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: 4u!

I can say horror fest.