Author Topic: [Tutorial] Making Maps [REMADE]  (Read 24405 times)

got a newb question... Mind making a tutorial on how to add your own  Textures... ive messed around with this... tried adding fake maps.. (making a copy of bedroom and replacing the pictures with my own) but this does not work... please help me out.

got a newb question... Mind making a tutorial on how to add your own  Textures... ive messed around with this... tried adding fake maps.. (making a copy of bedroom and replacing the pictures with my own) but this does not work... please help me out.

Just copy the map's folder and swap the textures for the interior with your own. Your textures must be the same size and name as the ones from Bedroom, and to make a workable edit you must change the save name in the Mission Editor, along with the map folder's name. Do not change the name, however, as it is an edit.

Just copy the map's folder and swap the textures for the interior with your own. Your textures must be the same size and name as the ones from Bedroom, and to make a workable edit you must change the save name in the Mission Editor, along with the map folder's name. Do not change the name, however, as it is an edit.
Thank you, i will try this.

Thank you, i will try this.

Go for it, I've actually never done it myself, this just seems to me the way it is most likely done.

having a problem with my water. its broken my waters area box is sized to fit the red box workspace in the map, but when i pass it as a player or anything else, the colision fails and i fall to the ground. then the water disapears. it reverts back to normal whenever i go back into the mission area does it revert to normal. anyone know whats wrong?

having a problem with my water. its broken my waters area box is sized to fit the red box workspace in the map, but when i pass it as a player or anything else, the colision fails and i fall to the ground. then the water disapears. it reverts back to normal whenever i go back into the mission area does it revert to normal. anyone know whats wrong?
ive had water problems too... like the "texture" doesent "fit" all of the water, Water is not my best thing to use in maps but... i feel i need to figure it out... idk..

I realize the packaging maps category is missing, but I'm lazy right now. I'll edit this when someone makes one or if I make one.
Might wanna remove this...
Btw, even using your tutorial, I still got stuck.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=145320.0
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:48:55 PM by Blaze0 »