Author Topic: (Solved)Texture Painter not applying new Textures  (Read 2109 times)

I've gone into the texture Painter and have added a new texture to it (Correct scale/Resolution) but it keeps reusing the old default textures that come with Blockland, I've even tried loading other textures from other maps that come with Blockland and they keep going to other default textures (specifically Slopes Snow and Rock).

Did I miss something or has Badspot broken the texture painter?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:52:24 AM by Packer »

I get the same problem, I need stone textures, there in the folder, but all I get is dirt.....

I had this issue. This is what I did.
I made them all:
JPEG
256x256 (You can resize in photoshop, I don't know about paint though)
In the maps ZIP

I had this issue. This is what I did.
I made them all:
JPEG
256x256 (You can resize in photoshop, I don't know about paint though)
In the maps ZIP

This

Ah, JPG, my worst enemy. Alright I'll try it now.

The JPG res did work.
AH-CHOO

I really should get that looked at, I need to make a detail texture.

did you get the .mis and the .ter files mixed up with previous versions?

Also if you are trying to paint a slate map it wont work.

Ah, JPG, my worst enemy. Alright I'll try it now.

I feel the same way you do.

I feel the same way you do.
Jpegs are fine, when you save them set the quality level to 100 and set subsampling to 1:1:1. Blockland uses them just fine and your texture won't have any color/quality loss or artifacts either. Just bigger textures to download when people try to join the server without your map.

did you get the .mis and the .ter files mixed up with previous versions?

Also if you are trying to paint a slate map it wont work.
If you're trying to assist a user who's been here for 5 years and you don't know what you're talking about it won't work.
Jpegs are fine, when you save them set the quality level to 100 and set subsampling to 1:1:1. Blockland uses them just fine and your texture won't have any color/quality loss or artifacts either. Just bigger textures to download when people try to join the server without your map.
Where is sub-sampling located in Paint.net or Photoshop if you know?

Paint.NET doesn't support it. In Photoshop it depends on what version you're using, but typically the highest quality levels have very little compression and subsampling set to 1:1. I use GIMP, which has a slider for the quality level and a drop down box for the subsampling in the advanced options when you try to save something as a jpeg.