Author Topic: Ideas for future Blockland versions.  (Read 3771 times)

Here are my ideas for future Blockland versions:

[Paragraph] [Idea] - [Definition] - [Possible bad things that could happen]
 ¤ Ability to color vehicles in more ways - Ability to color the vehicle in sections, i mean color the: Steering Wheel, Front, Back etc. - Perhaps ALL current Blockland vehicles will need to be REBUILT and RECODED.

¤ Color brick sides - Color the sides of a brick, good for making houses with inside other color than outside, WITHOUT using double walls to do so. - Perhaps ALL current Blockland bricks will need to build REBUILT and/or RECORDED.

¤ Brightness - Ability to change your Blockland's brightness without changing your screen's brightness. - Flashlights could become useless.

¤ Brick Brightness - I know there is already Chrome, Glow and Pearl, but how about ability to change the color brightness in the REAL meaning. Not having it shiny or anything, instead, having the ability to turn a DARK red into a EVEN DARKER red or LIGHTER red. - How will it get used? The default paint button "e", or another? - FACT: This could be really good for pixel arts.

¤ Changing hands/legs positions - Since they are not connected to anything, it would be nice to be able to change the size of the connections. Like our legs will be more close to the pants, being shorter, or we can extend them and being taller. Same thing as hands. - None.

¤ In-Game Crosshair Maker - Ability to make crosshairs in-game using a GUI, and we will make them out of pixels. - None.

¤ Tuning - Ability to tune the vehicles making them faster, slower, health etc. - Perhaps needing to REMODEL and/or RECODE all Blockland vehicles.

¤ Downloading Prints/Decals - Usually i seen missing prints in servers, people shown me outfits with decals/face decals i did NOT have, and i seen them as the default. It would be nice having the ability to enable/disable those downloads through the Network Options. - There's a chance it will lag if someone with custom decals/face decals join the server and people that are playing needs to download them.

¤ Jet force - Ability to change the force of the jet of a player type in-game [Idea taken from RTB v1.045]. - A very big value or a minus value could crash the game.

¤ Changing Studs - There's a Add-On for changing CROSSHAIR in-game, but i would also like the ability to change the Studs in-game. Eventually disabling them to take pictures / removing some lag. - Changing studs would have the same lag as changing the Video Settings.

That's all my ideas i have for eventual future versions of Blockland.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:57:37 AM by LeetZero »

¤ Changing Studs - There's a Add-On for changing CROSSHAIR in-game, but i would also like the ability to change the Studs in-game. Eventually disabling them to take pictures / removing some lag. - Changing studs would have the same lag as changing the Video Settings.

I'm not sure if studs actually cause lag

I'm not sure if studs actually cause lag

Nor do me but i'm just suspecting, after all they are textures...

1: Yes, it would require recoding. Not sure it is possible, though... I don't remember how it's done for players, but meh.
2: Coloring specific sides is unrealistic, and can be troublesome if someone makes ugly randomly colored bricks.
3: Brightness settings might be something with Torque...
4: Difficult and possibly abusive if done certain ways. Such as not being able to tell if a brick is changed brightness or a different color, so stupid people giving Full trust could complain.
5: The model is... all one model. The parts may be floating, but you can't just change how they are. You'd need to edit the model.
6: Making crosshairs ingame would probably not make real image ones. You'd probably be making some color GUI set up, and that would probably be hell to load each time and keep track... or not, but still an inefficient process.
7: Changing those settings might not be open for on-the-fly use.
8: You can make DecalData Datablocks and it makes the clients download the images. The problem with body decals... those are set clientside. If you want to see those, you might make some really bad image and it'd get stuck on the server, then to everyone else in it.
9: Hmm. Forgot about that, might be possible still.
10: Changing studs would definitely have to do with the engine if you what it to be dynamic and not just changing out those image files manually and restarting.

Edit: Lolz "Recorded" bricks for #2.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:15:01 AM by MegaScientifical »

If I remember correctly, jets aren't able to be modified as Badspot fears that large, impressive builds will have their aesthetic impact dampened if you're able to jet across/up it very quick, which is perfectly justifiable reasoning as shown from RTB 1.045.

Here are my ideas for future Blockland versions:

[Paragraph] [Idea] - [Definition] - [Possible bad things that could happen]
 ¤ Ability to color vehicles in more ways - Ability to color the vehicle in sections, i mean color the: Steering Wheel, Front, Back etc. - Perhaps ALL current Blockland vehicles will need to be REBUILT and RECODED.

This, dude. :cookie:

Color brick sidesNo
BrightnessMaybe
Brick Brightness No
Changing hands/legs positions    No
In-Game Crosshair MakerNo
TuningNo
Downloading Prints/DecalsYes
Jet forceNo
Changing StudsNo

tl;dr No

Color brick sidesNo
BrightnessMaybe
Brick Brightness No
Changing hands/legs positions    No
In-Game Crosshair MakerNo
TuningNo
Downloading Prints/DecalsYes
Jet forceNo
Changing StudsNo

tl;dr No

You missed Coloring Vehicles.

or how about a mod for the ability to use FX on vehix......
example:a ufo vehicle,fx-glow.

Two words:

Not possible.

You seem to notice how people add things to a request thats totally ridicules.
"Vehicle : Submarine, Simple."
"Noob add : Torcreeps Rockets Up and down and sideways and inside out and backwards and inverted =P "

I have a Idea for future Blockland versions:
-Animated Prints(No with Event!)

Ol impossible.
Unless you mean a script.

Actually, coincidentally, I have an animated print script I made a few years ago. It still works, as I tested it two days ago. And the script is quite open.

It works by setting a print identified as an animation. Once set, it continues from there. An odd side effect is it also works on the ghost brick. The script is actually a lot more awesome than I intended.

Anyway, my current one is SpaceBalls. I got the idea from TBM, and remade it from a youtube video. If you want the script, I dunno...

You missed Coloring Vehicles.
Coloring Vehicles        No