Author Topic: Wrench GUI Modification: Item Direction - Up/Down and Item Rotation  (Read 852 times)

Ever want the effect of a sword, knife, or other pointy object sticking into the ground?  Perhaps you've wanted to use the spear as a flagpost without the tip showing?

Earlier, I wanted have a sword stuck into a rock as an effect on a King Arthur event game I was making.  However, there is not an up/down option on the events GUI for item direction, only for item position.  Also, I pictured a sword sticking perfectly straight into a rock, thinking how ridiculously unrealistic it would seem, and thus item rotation.

The idea would be an up/down option for item direction, as well as a single textbox that rotates an item on its X axis.  With this, many effects such as an axe stuck in a log could be achieved.  This would allow the creators of deathmatches, medieval RPs, etc. to spawn items without them looking out of place by rotating them to look naturally placed.

tl;dr:
An up/down option for item direction, as well as a single textbox that rotates an item on its X axis.  This would allow items to be positioned in natural ways that allows builders to fit item spawns into their builds without them looking out of place.

I support this, this could be very useful.
And how about setting the distance between the item and the brick?

I support this, this could be very useful.
And how about setting the distance between the item and the brick?
While that's useful, there are workarounds.
Unless you wanted to use a setDistance loop or something to make it fly away or drop down.

I'm sure this is possible.

I'm sure this is possible.
I'm hoping it is. This HAS been requested, but never made. :C I need it myself.

Maybe there should be two textboxes for X/Z rotation, since Y is already covered anyway.

Sadly, I believe items can only be rotated on the Z axis.

Sadly, I believe items can only be rotated on the Z axis.
Why not on X?  They can already be rotated on their Y axis.

But I guess you could rotate on Z and then rotate on Y to get an X rotation.

Edit:
In Blockand, is up/down Y or Z?  That might be the source of my confusion.

Why not on X?  They can already be rotated on their Y axis.

But I guess you could rotate on Z and then rotate on Y to get an X rotation.

Edit:
In Blockand, is up/down Y or Z?  That might be the source of my confusion.
Z rotation is the 3rd axis, which is up/down.

Z rotation is the 3rd axis, which is up/down.
And you're saying that it's not possible to rotate on X/Y?  D:

Correct.
And you've tested this, or you just think it's this way?  It doesn't make sense to me that items could rotate on one axis but not the others.