Author Topic: Starcraft 2 WOOO RELEASE!  (Read 8047 times)

Lol, I'm in Diamond league for 1v1's. Playing starcraft for 10 years and the beta really helps...
We have much to learn from you.

Although for the moment I'd just like to know which race you prefer.

Terran, and I am ok with Protoss, terrible at zerg.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:01:34 AM by Starcraftman »

I`m terrible with terran... decent with protoss and really good with zerg

I`m terrible with terran... decent with protoss and really good with zerg
zerg rush

My best is probably Terran, I'm not too good with Protoss, and I haven't tried Zerg yet.

I need more practice.
For the most part, I can out do most of the people I play in early game, but unless I get a victory then I'll lose because I can't handle late game.

Discovered I'm terrible with Zerg. The whole one-structure unit training still messes me up.

Accidentally joined a novice game with a friend when we meant to play with AI's as a practice run. We expected to be beaten horribly, but we won!

Right now I'm in the practice league, and I decided to try something different and do a 2v2.

I did 3 games, 2v2 with randomly chosen teams, as terran.
First game
Terran & Terran (my team) v. Terran & Protoss
 I head straight for them vespene gas collectors and make lotsa reapers. I use them to jump behind the enemy and kill all of their SCVs.
 Match quickly ends in our favor but I forget the details.

Second game
Terran & Terran (my team) v. Terran & Protoss
 See above. I get reapers and take the xel naga towers in the center for vision.
 This game was a lot more interesting. I jumped behind the enemy and killed all of their probes, but after the second hit they were able to defend themselves.
 I did manage to kill his first expansion shortly after with the reapers, though. Meanwhile, my ally started making vikings and battlecruisers.
 The enemy made colossi and stalkers, his ally made tanks and rines. We controlled the center.
 Enemy terran sent his army into the center, where I had tanks and a horde of marauders waiting.
 The protoss then began picking off my tanks with his army of colossi, retreating whenever my ally sent in vikings( though we killed a lot of colossi)
 Using scans and sensors, we'd pick off all attempts to make expansions and basically had them locked in their base.
 After a few unsuccessful attempts at nuking us and running out of resources, they surrendered.

Third Game
Terran & Terran ( my team) v Terran & Zerg
 Reaper spam again. I got a lot better at the spam part of this and had a sizable army. I jumped in and killed the SCVs and zerg drones as my ally assaulted the front with marauders and rines.
 We didn't break through the first time and the terran began making tanks. My ally was able to push through into the zerg's base, and while the terran's forces were occupied I used reapers to kill his factory and then some of his scvs.
 Scans showed a zerg expansion that was sneakily made while we were busy, so I jumped in with the reapers and killed it while my ally did another push into the zerg's main base. Another jump in and the terran died, followed shortly by the zerg.

I love 2v2 now, I can focus on the skirmish/ harassment part of the game, which I like, while my ally makes more solid-attacking forces. Eventually, if the round goes on long enough I push up into marauder/tank spam. I love my reapers, though. Scans and reapers can give some pretty low risk victories. I find striking add-ons to be particularly effective early as well, especially when they have no extra factories/barracks and low vespene income ( as a result of me killing their SCVs).

On the subject of the zerg, I find them to be weak compared to the other races. The only unit I like for zerg is probably the brood lord. I want to like the roach, I really do, but it just seems too weak. Hydras also seem weak.
The protoss are strong contenders but I haven't played enough with them to get a feel for them yet. They seem to have a lot of tricks up their sleeves this time around.

My Stratergy for Terrans:

Hey look its loaded and we're finished i cant wait to kill some AI!

Basicly if the map has GOLDEN MINERALS move your flying base there and start mining.
Its better if you have another base nearby with VGas.

And thats really it. I just use that and do whatever i want with the Minerals!

I prefer 1v1, but my friend and I are trying to get 2v2 strategy down.  I play Zerg and am platinum in 1v1.  I love my mutas and banelings.  If I get banelings into opponent's base early, it's gg right there, else, I try to switch to 2 base muta,  If he gets a counter, I go for brood lords.

I switched to playing mainly protoss after I realized how incredibly overpowered void rays are.

I switched to playing mainly protoss after I realized how incredibly overpowered void rays are.

inb4nerfpatch.

You're such a hypocrite, honestly...

you take shots at everyone all the time, then you constantly post the most loving handicapped stuff ever.

I honest have to take a step back from my computer and just try and figure out how someone like you who obviously tries really hard to be all grown up and "cool" can constantly forget it up so often. It just blows my mind.

I agree with everything here

The build order for Void Rays was the first thing I got down.

I really like 4v4's. Mainly because my slowness isn't as obvious. I mainly like it because of when all 4 teams meet up and start to head out for an attack with a massive army. Once we get to the center, we realize the enemy had the same idea, and HUGE FRAMERATE SLAUGHTER stuff GOES DOWN.

Anyway, I was witness to the first Zerg rush of my multiplayer career. It was terrible. A couple Zealots can't do stuff against 10 zerglings. Once one guy was down, I was attacked by about 15 infestors shooting infested marines into my probes. Down goes the economy, and 20 Void Rays come in to finish the job.

Also, cloaked motherships are annoying after someone manages to destroy most of your forces.  You can see the thing floating but you can't do a thing about it!