Poll

wat

11 Schools
24 (30.4%)
1 Cruise Missile
55 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: The insane cost of war.  (Read 6614 times)

But America didn't want to go to war until Japan destroyed our major naval base. It was a need after that. A necessity to stay alive.
But the war itself started with a want, even if America didn't join in until it felt it needed it.

But the war itself started with a want, even if America didn't join in until it felt it needed it.
You're right, after Japan blew up Pearl Harbor, we wanted blood. They destroyed our ships and killed hundreds of people, lots of them defenseless.

So we vaporized 2 of their entire cities.

and thus there was never a tale of so much testosterone.

Well one of the reasons we are in Afgan is because of oil. If we went green then we wouldn't need to risk lives for fuel.

You're right, after Japan blew up Pearl Harbor, we wanted blood. They destroyed our ships and killed hundreds of people, lots of them defenseless.

So we vaporized 2 of their entire cities.

and thus there was never a tale of so much testosterone.
I'm not sure if that was being mocking or not, but that's not what I was saying. :o

Just about any war a person could trace back, it was centered around someone's wants or it began with someone's wants or it was fueled by someone's wants. This is with mostly anything, really.

The world will never be without one or two wars. War just seems to be what countries do to pass the time...

I'm not sure if that was being mocking or not, but that's not what I was saying. :o

Just about any war a person could trace back, it was centered around someone's wants or it began with someone's wants or it was fueled by someone's wants. This is with mostly anything, really.
No, I wasn't mocking, I just trailed off. I was saying you're right.

No, I wasn't mocking, I just trailed off. I was saying you're right.
Oh I see. Alrighty then. c:

Jesus, you could get a lot of weapons for that money.
No, not really.

Well one of the reasons we are in Afgan is because of oil. If we went green then we wouldn't need to risk lives for fuel.
You're one of those people that just go "OOOH GREEN IS BETTA, LETS ALL JUST CONVERT THE WHOLE U.S. INFRASTRUCTURE, ALL APPLIANCES, ALL OF OUR BUILDINGS, ALL OF OUR CARS, AND stuff TO GREEN ENERGYYY!!!11!!"

It'll take quite a few years to convert the U.S. to green energy. Nissan has already started, with the Leaf.

Once upon a time, about 1,970-something years ago, a man explained to the world how nice it would be if everyone started being good to each other.

That man got nailed to a tree.

That's bullstuff.

You're one of those people that just go "OOOH GREEN IS BETTA, LETS ALL JUST CONVERT THE WHOLE U.S. INFRASTRUCTURE, ALL APPLIANCES, ALL OF OUR BUILDINGS, ALL OF OUR CARS, AND stuff TO GREEN ENERGYYY!!!11!!"

It'll take quite a few years to convert the U.S. to green energy. Nissan has already started, with the Leaf.
How about we build some goddamned nuclear reactors. Seriously, no pollution AT ALL, extremely high output. There's no loving reason aside from misinformed idiots using Rhode Island and Chernobyl as examples (both were under-maintained and outdated).

How about we build some goddamned nuclear reactors. Seriously, no pollution AT ALL, extremely high output. There's no loving reason aside from misinformed idiots using Rhode Island and Chernobyl as examples (both were under-maintained and outdated).
You still have to bury the nuclear waste in some facility. And Chernobyl blew up because these idiots wanted to test how it would handle with safety system turned off.

Once upon a time, about 1,970-something years ago, a man explained to the world how nice it would be if everyone started being good to each other.
He sounds nice. :D