Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII  (Read 1298 times)

Just got it two days ago, already blazing through disc 2 ;D

Personally, I'm a tad of a FF fancigarette, but I really have to say that I don't understand where a lot of the criticism came from on this game.

Major things I like about it:
  • Graphics.  Even though they are a teeny bit disappointing, the cinematics are stunning as always.
  • The fast-paced battles are great, and they way they're set up is almost a mix between FFXII and FFX.  Pretty well-polished overall, it's like having a turn-based battle sequence, but without the turns.
  • Characters.  Other than Snow, who I really can't stand (SERAH!!1 HURRRDURR IMA HERO), I love the characters and how they develop over time, especially how the pairs they get separated into seem misfitting at first, but work out really well later on.
  • Weapons, etc.  I remember how in FFXII, which was one of my favorites to play, it was a bit ridiculous how Balthier could be given a claymore.  The fact that certain characters can only use certain weapon classes is a bit of a throwback, and an improvement at that.

Major beef I have with this game:
  • Jumping.  Seriously?  "Step in the glowy circle thing and we'll make your character jump a thuosand million feet into the air over spiky things and fire lol"
  • Paradigms.  While I've learned to utilize that system now, it's really annoying when you're out of potions and you need to heal, but you can't because you're set to Dualcasting or something.  Now, not only do you have to sacrifice your chain that you were building, but you also can take damage while they're playing the stupid paradigm switch animations.
  • Snow, but we've been over this
  • Upgrade system.  It's good an all, but using any combination of loot to get the same weapon is a bit boring.  I was hoping for elemental weapons and stuff, but maybe I'm just not there yet.

Other notes:
  • Sometimes I really thing Vanille is on mad drugs
  • I don't dislike the Eidolons, but really.  They pop up at the most inconvenient times ever, and while this is pretty typical of a FF game, these things are loving tough D:  Well, at least Odin was.

Anywho, discuss.  Also, if you're going to say a spoiler, at least forewarn about it, or use abbr tags.
Code: [Select]
[abbr=This is a spoiler]Spoiler[/abbr]

Odin was a bitch. Im just past that point and my friend did it for me :3

But he assrapes you with lightning moves, and by the time you change paradigms you're dead.

I like 12 more :| But I do like 13, as my brother said though, it's REALLY linear, but Im not that far into it.

So far, it's okay, but being really linear from how much I've played is kinda meh.

Paradigms are a bitch in battle because by the time you heal someone and change to another para, they need healing again.

Odin was a bitch. Im just past that point and my friend did it for me :3

But he assrapes you with lightning moves, and by the time you change paradigms you're dead.

I like 12 more :| But I do like 13, as my brother said though, it's REALLY linear, but Im not that far into it.

So far, it's okay, but being really linear from how much I've played is kinda meh.

Paradigms are a bitch in battle because by the time you heal someone and change to another para, they need healing again.
What I like about 13 is it's a bit of a throwback to 10, which was also really linear.

And yeah, I just used the War&Peace paradigm for odin.  When he did that shield thing I switched to dualcasting or slash and burn.

Didn't you forget that Final Fantasy XXXVVVIII is out?

Nope, MMXVCI just came out.  You're outdated.

That's not even a number.

And?

It made you look dumb and distracted from your already bad and overused joke.

It made you look dumb and distracted from your already bad and overused joke.

My joke was to look stupid like the people who say there's too many Final fantasies.

im all about FF14 on the 22nd ;D

My joke was to look stupid like the people who say there's too many Final fantasies.

Exactly my joke

------my point------

-----your head------

Anyways, I didn't like XIII one bit. I made it ~8 hours in and stopped playing. Sold it not long after.

The dialog makes me cringe in that game sometime.

Anyway, 4 & 6 are my favorites, though I haven't played 7-12.

The dialog makes me cringe in that game sometime.

Anyway, 4 & 6 are my favorites, though I haven't played 7-12.
The only time I cringe at the dialogue is with Snow.  And once or twice with Hope (OPERATION NORA LOLOLOL)