Author Topic: cargo ship  (Read 3448 times)

so you talked on a forum about a game you didn't understand until you bought it?
...actually, this is true.
He signed up in 2005.

Blockiness aside, there are a LOT of accuracy problems with this ship. Attatched are some images I took from a simulation game of how a real containership looks.

Though not immediate apparent on first glance,  real containerships carry sockets on their exterior for navigation lights at night. Furthermore, the wings of your containership's bridge are overly large, your ship lacks any visible propulsion system, virtually all large modern ships have a feature known as a "bulbous bow", your containers are of no standard size that I know of (the pictured vessel has 8×40×8 foot container dimensions), and, lastly, containerships normally do not carry cranes! Cranes are features of docks, not vessels.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:25:49 PM by RMS Gigantic »

well thanks but i wasn't shooting for accuracy. the main goal is that if you look at it you think it is a cargo ship. I'm not tyring to replicate an existing one. but thanks for the reference pictures. i wasn't using any to start with XD.

And it shows.

Those features help make it look more like a container ship.

this post is to let you know that the theme has changed on badspots's server so the ship is not avalable for viewing at this time. i do have it saved and may show it off time to time on my own server.

thanks for reading and looking at my creation.

Doesn't PSP have a forum account?

Isn't there already one.

ya i never changed my blockland name. frade ill lose it.

if i could i would change my forum name to avoid this confusion. but i havent had a prob with it in the past.

What made you use "sybergoose" xD
On-Topic: (@RMS Gigantic)
Ish ok, and I am on your side instead of RMS Gigantic's because maybe he wasn't aiming for it to look just like one. Maybe he was aiming for what his building skill level is. Just because he is making a cargo ship doesn't mean it has to be look perfectly like a real cargo ship. Also, we know it is a cargo ship simply because the thread is called "cargo ship". And how would he know all those terms about cargo ships anyways, RMS?

thanks for the feed back im now locking this cuz i have a new build on badspots server and im making a new topic for it. i took the crane and rebuilt it BIGGER go look for new topic for more info.

i decided to unlock this thread to allow more comments and suggestions about this ship.
please no more telling me only how it's bad. if you do tell me HOW i can fix it for the next boat.

just get out we dont Like thiefs or liers So just get the forget out Now Before this becomes a Flame war.