Poll

Keep my current 360 and hope for the best, or sell my 360 and buy a new "slim" one?

Keep your current one
4 (25%)
Sell it, buy a new "slim" one
12 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Well forget, my 360 is breaking again. [Update] [Video]  (Read 1852 times)

As many of you know, I got a 360 about 5 months ago. When I got it, it had a pretty huge Red Ring of Death issue (3-rings), and I could only get it to work for a short amount of time by overheating it, then letting it cool down. Well, 5 months ago, I did a so-called "permanent" fix to the thing. It worked very well, I never saw the RRoD again...until yesterday. My brother was playing my 360, when he came and told me to "check out the 360, it's not looking too good". So, I went out and looked at it, and the screen was frozen and covered in a purple-checkerboard overlay. I turn it off, power it back on, and low and behold...the Red Ring of Death again.

I got it to work again by overheating it, which is the last step I had to do when I performed the "permanent" fix, but I have a feeling it may not last long.

Anyway, so what should I do? Should I keep it and hope for the best, or sell it and get the new "slim" 360?
I could probably get nearly ~$100-150 for the thing if I sold it, seeing as how I've customized it quite a bit.

Update: Here's a video. It died again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBzLTkqsIBY

Second Update:
Alright, update.
I took it apart, tightened all the screws, made sure everything was in order, put it back together partially, turned it on and it still had the RRoD, error code 0102.

So, as of 4:30 AM, I declare my 360 as "dead". I'm going to be selling it and putting most (if not all) of the money towards buying a new XBox 360 S (the "slim" one).

Ah well.

So, poll's closed, I have no choice, I can't keep my awesome 360.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 06:33:36 AM by Miga »

Keep as much dust out of the fan.

fist post

Keep as much dust out of the fan.
I checked, the thing doesn't have any dust. It's because of the damn motherboard flexing problem that all "fat" 360's have.

I checked, the thing doesn't have any dust. It's because of the damn motherboard flexing problem that all "fat" 360's have.

Not Halo 3 Edition, they made fixes for it. :cookieMonster:

Not Halo 3 Edition, they made fixes for it. :cookieMonster:
That's a complete loving lie then.
Mine happens to just be a Halo 3 edition.

And people diss the PS3, honestly. I would cut myself if my console did this sort of stuff.

Ps3 gets something called a "yellow light", but its not that often as Rrod.

Though my Ps3 actually had a rare error with it's disc scanner after 13 months, but Sony fixed it for free, and I've had a Ps2 slim for like 4 years without problem.

But seriously, I say if it does keep Rrod'ing again, and you really like Xbox 360's, get the slim one. It's quieter, smaller, has built in internet, and best of all, no Rrod'ing.

and best of all, no Rrod'ing.

Yeah, now it's a red dot of death.

My old Xbox still works, what I got it like in the year 2003 when i was in the third grade. Now I'm in 10th and still play it.

That's a complete loving lie then.
Mine happens to just be a Halo 3 edition.

Only had two problems over the past like 3 years: Disc drive broke, then RROD. It's been providing great service since.

But seriously, I say if it does keep Rrod'ing again, and you really like Xbox 360's, get the slim one. It's quieter, smaller, has built in internet, and best of all, no Rrod'ing.

So do I, it's called my nervous system.

My old Xbox still works, what I got it like in the year 2003 when i was in the third grade. Now I'm in 10th and still play it.

I'm in 12th now. :cookieMonster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBzLTkqsIBY

Here's a video. It died again.
Also, Gears of War has terrible controls, god damn.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:24:09 AM by Miga »

Maybe if you didn't have it in a small space with less than half an inch of clearance on either side and no air flow whatsoever, it wouldn't have RRoD'd in the first place.