Author Topic: Christmas laptop thread again  (Read 3011 times)

And you have no idea what you're talking about.
- Laptops usually have ample amount of RAM (3 GB low-end, 4 GB standard)
- wtf is "generic memory capacity", is that the same as RAM...?
- Trackpads are okay once you get used to them.

Also, Linux is a free software operating system, not a PC.

Please do research before posting in a topic like this.

I was trying to make a small point regarding linux, but skip that for now.

1.Desktops usually have more RAM, due to their being a larger box-ish thing, rather then a small briefcase like-thing.
2. Again, NVm, i have other topic to post in, so i can't spend forever explaining what i am babbleieng about.
3. I still prefer mouse.

I was trying to make a small point regarding linux, but skip that for now.

1.Desktops usually have more RAM, due to their being a larger box-ish thing, rather then a small briefcase like-thing.
2. Again, NVm, i have other topic to post in, so i can't spend forever explaining what i am babbleieng about.
3. I still prefer mouse.
1. No, you're handicapped.
2. ok
3. You can plug a mouse in...

Updated the main post with a second laptop.

But can it play these games?: GTA IV, Mafia II, Crysis maybe, Source games, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Just Cause 2, Assassins Creed 2/Brotherhood when it comes out, and some other ones I can't think of. And at what graphic level will it be able to play at? Low, Med, or High?
well its basically the same as my desktop so i see no reason why it couldnt as my computer can run all of those. i7's and 1gb graphics cards are basically top of the line

Also I have an Alienware desktop. Its not horrible, just horribly overpriced.
thats why theyre not worth it, you can get the same performance way cheaper than an alienware

well its basically the same as my desktop so i see no reason why it couldnt as my computer can run all of those. i7's and 1gb graphics cards are basically top of the line
thats why theyre not worth it, you can get the same performance way cheaper than an alienware
All the i7s aren't the same though. For example the first laptop in my post is a dual core with 2.66GHz, while the second is a quad core with 1.73-2.93GHz. And my alienware has a 2 gigabyte graphics card lol.
But they look so cool!  :cookieMonster:

Because my birthday's in January, I might get a combined gift (from both holidays).
Maybe dis

I wouldn't buy an Alienware because its too much of a show-off thing with all the lights and stuff. I want a laptop not a big attention whoring hunk of metal that says "PLEASE STEAL ME IM VALUABLE".

I wouldn't buy an Alienware because its too much of a show-off thing with all the lights and stuff. I want a laptop not a big attention whoring hunk of metal that says "PLEASE STEAL ME IM VALUABLE".
I want it because of the power inside, not the flashy outside.

At bestbuy, I believe, you can pick up one of Asus' gaming laptops for around $1300 that is much better than either of those.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174;+Core%26%23153;+i7+Processor+/+17.3%22+Display+/+6GB+Memory+/+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/9741729.p?id=1218165344675&skuId=9741729

The downside, of course is the short battery life (About 2.5 hours) but that is probably the best laptop you can get right now. I should also mention that it isn't horribly overpriced.

At bestbuy, I believe, you can pick up one of Asus' gaming laptops for around $1300 that is much better than either of those.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174;+Core%26%23153;+i7+Processor+/+17.3%22+Display+/+6GB+Memory+/+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/9741729.p?id=1218165344675&skuId=9741729

The downside, of course is the short battery life (About 2.5 hours) but that is probably the best laptop you can get right now. I should also mention that it isn't horribly overpriced.
All best buy links give me "Sorry, the page you requested was not found."
I found it. They only have 2 Asus laptops, so it wasn't hard. That thing isn't better though. It has a worse processor, less HD, and I'm not sure about the graphics card. The screen's a little bigger though. This is comparing it to the other Asus one.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:54:47 PM by Tylale »