Author Topic: Sign it, bitch!  (Read 5047 times)

Sign this thingie so we can get a warning system for noobs:

Jookia

Yeah, we wanna know when you join the server.

Oxcorp

Yeah, we wanna know when you join the server.
Agreed.

I think that this is a stupid idea.
One person might think somebody is a noob while another person may not.

There is always the ban button if they piss you off.

Can't ban local client.

I'd just like an ignore button for the forums. That way I can filter all posts by certain people.

You don't have to read them. You can look at who posted and ignore. I laugh at people like that. Like those guys that say "OFMGUR ANNOOB" and just repeat themselves instead of ignoring.

I'd rather not have to first look at who's posting, then scroll past. I want to just see posts from people I know can post intelligently. Do you want to have 1,000 spam emails in your inbox and then have your email provider tell you to just not look at them? Same thing here. It's annoying, and I don't want to have to scroll past 8 posts just to read something that may or may not be worth looking at in the first place. It's clogging the tubes. :(

I'd rather not have to first look at who's posting, then scroll past.
Its faster than reading and then seeing who posted it.
Do you want to have 1,000 spam emails in your inbox and then have your email provider tell you to just not look at them?
I have over 14k in my bulk and 2k in my inbox. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Why even have ignore in RTB if its not there for a reason?

Your logic is making absolutely no sense to me. It must be way above my intelligence.

The ignore feature in RTB is there so you can mute annoying people from the chat whom the admin won't kick. Is that not a good enough reason? If I people could just remove all the posts from annoying people, then I think we'd all be better off. We wouldn't have a select few people ruining the forum experience for the others that want to have meaningful conversation.

It sucks because I haven't been able to find a Greasemonkey script for FireFox so I can just implement it myself on my end. Maybe if I look a little harder....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:36:28 PM by mocheeze »

Btw, ya, the ignore scripts are intact in RTB's code and still usable, you just took out the button. Found it in admingui.cs and was able to use in on Shauns server on Shaun...he became sad.....

Damn, I wasn't aware that the button was gone. I just don't play with annoying users, so I never noticed.

...what......isn't ignore......bad?....against rules......I thought......

Sign this: http://www.petitiononline.com/banonpet/petition.html

3. DarkKnight yay phail!
2. Eric Hartman because he wont sign.
1. bob HAHAHHAHA