Author Topic: Are the iBUYPOWER computers good?  (Read 3594 times)

I'm considering of getting one, considering I can get it better than the one I want to build for almost $200 less, with better specs. But I've never heard if they are good computers or not...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:02:24 PM by HaloHalo »

some are
link to the one you want?


They are absolute stuff and the company has terrible customer service

some are
link to the one you want?

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel_H55_H57_Core_i3_i5_Configurator

But of course I chose different options for the parts and stuff, so it's not what's chosen on there.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:10:43 PM by HaloHalo »

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel_H55_H57_Core_i3_i5_Configurator
I actually did research on that model, i heard it was amazingly fast...but really loud. For some people it may freeze.

I actually did research on that model, i heard it was amazingly fast...but really loud. For some people it may freeze.

Loud isn't a problem for me, considering I use headphones for my computer and usually have the volume up high. Freezing... How much is "some people" might you guess?

I actually did research on that model, i heard it was amazingly fast...but really loud. For some people it may freeze.
Forget everything i say...i was talking about a premade one i saw on newegg :c

Oh. Well, I just added the Enermax Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow) so the fan should be quieter. It was only an extra $29. But the total is $869.

I just messed around with that and made a $3300 PC O.o

We would need to know what parts you selected in order for us to determine the true value of the machine.

I'm inclined to discourage purchasing computers built by boutique vendors such as IBUYPOWER and CYBERPOWER PC; they typically feature considerable price markups, and learning how to build and maintain a computer is a valuable skill.

Parts:

  • NZXT Gamma Gaming Case
  • Intel® Core™ i5 655K Processor (2x 3.20GHz/4MB L3 Cache)
    Unlocked Multiplier/ Overclock-Friendly Processor
  • Enermax Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
  • 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module Corsair or Major Brand
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - 1GB
  • ASUS P7H55 -- Intel H55 Express Chipset w/ 8-ch HD Audio, Dual-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA, USB 2.0, 1x PCI-E 2.0 x16
  • [Free] Internal USB 3.0 PCI-E x1 Expansion Card
    FREE with purchase of any motherboard w/o USB 3.0 Interface
  • 700 Watt -- Standard
  • 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s
  • 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
  • 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
  • Intel Pro 10/100/1000 Network Card

And then the basic Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium, basic keyboard, and basic mouse and some other basic stuff.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:03:35 PM by HaloHalo »

I'm considering of getting one, considering I can get it better than the one I want to build for almost $200, with better specs. But I've never heard if they are good computers or not...
what

better than the one I want to build for almost $200

$200?

Are you buying a cardboard box with a lightbulb attached or something?

You know you can just copy their builds and buy the parts separately, right? Saves you the trouble of finding out if everything's compatible.

Also the GT430 isn't that great. Get something better.