Author Topic: Remembering Spore '05  (Read 3037 times)

Remember back when Spore, the game that was supposed to change the gaming world was this break through game about evolution? It was scientific, it had everything a gamer would want in a game like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA

But then, after the years passed, the game got "cuter" and more child friendly. Like Maxis was aiming it's gun at the child population of the world. It was Americanized.

I just wanted to have a nice little discussion about what could have been. And yes, this is 5 years old, but today is today, and it's not like talking about the past is this horrible idea forged on the gates of hell. So, friendly discussion, kick around Maxis and EA for ruining a good game, and such.

It's rather disappointing how much they watered down what could have been an awesome game.

Somewhat related, I'm still waiting for Maxis to give us a REAL Simcity 5, not this stupid Societies bullstuff.

ZARBO FLIBBIT.
GO GET 50 UNITS OF SPICE.
NOW BUY A TRACTOR BEAM AND ABDUCT 2 SPACE COWS.
DANCE AT THAT CREATURE TO BECOME FRIENDS.

ZARBO FLIBBIT.
GO GET 50 UNITS OF SPICE.
NOW BUY A TRACTOR BEAM AND ABDUCT 2 SPACE COWS.
DANCE AT THAT CREATURE TO BECOME FRIENDS.
Haha, exactly. The Current Spore is a pointless string of quests. I want a game that is more sandbox/nonlinear.

Haha, exactly. The Current Spore is a pointless string of quests. I want a game that is more sandbox/nonlinear.

Galactic Adventures can be fun if you make your adventures with effort and time... not slapping 56 units of each team and call it a war, and then wonder why it doesn't work because you forgot to assign teams to both sides.

Galactic Adventures can be fun if you make your adventures with effort and time... not slapping 56 units of each team and call it a war, and then wonder why it doesn't work because you forgot to assign teams to both sides.
It is way to repetitive. I made tons of interesting story lines in a few missions, and after playing them, I didn't ever feel the need to play them again. That's why nonlinear is always better then linear.

Never say that name on these forums . :/ Also Maxis ruined the spore we wanted D:

Like Maxis was aiming it's gun at the child population of the world. It was Americanized.
hey screw you
america is not a bunch of children

What.

Why would they water this down?

Is Fallout child-friendly?

NO.
I DON'T THINK SO.

People are still going to make abominations with 20 million snakees all over every creature.
No matter how child friendly they make this game.

Want to know why? They can generate more sales if it's child and family friendly.

I think Spore is fun, but it does fairly quickly get boring.

Want to know why? They can generate more sales if it's child and family friendly.

I think Spore is fun, but it does fairly quickly get boring.
It got boring after like 3 days. That's a record for me.

I really only want this game currently for the creature creator.

It was much more interesting back in this version.

I was hyped for spore. I was like "ZOMG GONNA BE EPIC!!!!111", went out and bought it on the launch day. rushed home. Installed. Started it up, and played for a hour. I then broke the disk and uninstalled every EA game I had, and following broke their disks as well, I then proceeded to go down to my local game store and buy a few more copies just to break them. I hate EA. I hate EA a lot.

I was hyped for spore. I was like "ZOMG GONNA BE EPIC!!!!111", went out and bought it on the launch day. rushed home. Installed. Started it up, and played for a hour. I then broke the disk and uninstalled every EA game I had, and following broke their disks as well, I then proceeded to go down to my local game store and buy a few more copies just to break them. I hate EA. I hate EA a lot.
Sounds like quite the waste of money to get absolutely zero point across.