Author Topic: NBT Forge Attacked my computer  (Read 2385 times)

"Oh boy, Another Virus topic from Tyler66! Just kill me now."

Yea. Anyway NBT Forge is a alpha map editing program for Minecraft.
Now we all know Minecraft. Or atleast some of us do.
This window popped up when I got back from taking a shower. No programs where open besides Blockland.

Notice that the program was trying to download or trying to "get access to malicious software".
I know some of us have experianced the horror of a Rogue Antivirus, thats what a Trojan "FakeAV" is for.
So, NBT Forge may was trying to download a Rogue onto my computer. Did Kaspersky delete the file? No. I did.
I did not want to restart my system anyway. Although Kaspersky overeacted and started clogging my network traffic. I got disconnected and reconnected alot. Anyway, I got enough time to access my router Firewall details before the next disconnect.

Although I could be mistaken that this wasnt NBT Forge but it might be possible this is legit. This attacker was the top attacker on the Firewall list. Notice that the IP is a local adress, in which might be my computer. But may be wrong.

Although this could be a False Positive. So I sent the file to VirusTotal for a wide Antivirus scan.
VirusTotal Report
Kaspersky and another Antivirus give a Fake AV report. So it might not be a False Positive.

And if you dont know what a FakeAV Trojan is, Trojan.FakeAV Details

My Traffic seems to be fine now. I may need to preform a Malwarebytes scan.

So, Discuss?

False Positive?
Legit Virus?
Tyler being Tyler? - Yes

You're stupid.
And I couldn't expect more from you, Kalphiter.

Since your a loving genius in this field of tech, could have your opinion on the Anti-Virus software "BitDefeneder"? Me and my dad use it for our computers, but I need to know if I'm protected. :>

Oh boy its tyler and his virus special interest  :cookieMonster:

Oh boy its tyler and his virus special interest  :cookieMonster:
Oh boy its Rainbow and his animal special interest.
Since your a loving genius in this field of tech, could have your opinion on the Anti-Virus software "BitDefeneder"? Me and my dad use it for our computers, but I need to know if I'm protected. :>
I can send you a PM to a site that reviews Antivirus software and BitDefender happens to be on the top of its list.

TYLER HAS A HARD-ON FOR MALWARE!

LETS ALL LAUGH AT HIM!

Meh, I used bitdefender.

Only one problem: Kills Windows 7 computers.
It hasn't been revamped to have the correct compatibility with windows 7.

The problem I had was that it would keep both of my CPU's maxed out constantly even when the program was idle! I ended up removing and reinstalling three times until I just reverted back to spybot.

Where did you download it from? The official forums or from a friend linking you to it?

Bump to answer a question.

Where did you download it from? The official forums or from a friend linking you to it?
I downloaded it from the forums. From the Minecraft wiki.

Holy god people, he didn't ask for a better anti-virus he just stated that he has a new virus

Holy god people, he didn't ask for a better anti-virus he just stated that he has a new virus
So, if im infected by a virus I uninstall my old antivirus software and get a new one each time this happens?

So, if im infected by a virus I uninstall my old antivirus software and get a new one each time this happens?
Or you could just stop getting viruses.