Why Are We Posting Full Songs?

Author Topic: Why Are We Posting Full Songs?  (Read 4726 times)

I Just want to raise the concern to Badspot, and everyone else.

I see everyone is uploading full length songs... Why, may I ask? If someone had this on their server and you didn't have it, would you sit though the download? Probably not, so why even bother uploading full length songs?

As you can see Badspot has no music file over 100KB (aside from "After School Special" which is 625KB). And all is of loopable playback in Blockland. Reason? Well keeps it small, and doesn't take up much room for the BL download. My point? Keep it small for download sake, keep it simple for length sake, keep is easy to listen to.

Also, I doubt Badspot has this in the forum rules, but if you're posting full length songs, available to download by another (even non-members,) that is piracy my children. It's one thing to have pieces of a song for use of a game (thats not a hug piracy issue,) but full length songs is another thing. Especially when these forums are for the retail edition of Blockland, and is being hit by a lot of guest users. It only takes one person to ruin the fun.

Thanks you, and have a :cookie:

um...
agreed
but im downloading all fo the things posted for use in my servers... ill have them turned off most of the time of course.... but yeah...

I'm taking the time to loops well, and in the process of making a pack of 7.

EDIT: I Now have 13 songs that loop decently. I will post in a couple hours.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:29:09 PM by -Koden- »

I'm working on a techno/trance/dance whatever you wanna call it pack myself.

Hard to loop that stuff :P It's just too hard to pick a part of the song to loop, it's all too good.

ill make a large pack also if i ever get a chance to use the garage band thing...
koden knows what im talking about

I Just want to raise the concern to Badspot, and everyone else.

I see everyone is uploading full length songs... Why, may I ask? If someone had this on their server and you didn't have it, would you sit though the download? Probably not, so why even bother uploading full length songs?

As you can see Badspot has no music file over 100KB (aside from "After School Special" which is 625KB). And all is of loopable playback in Blockland. Reason? Well keeps it small, and doesn't take up much room for the BL download. My point? Keep it small for download sake, keep it simple for length sake, keep is easy to listen to.

Also, I doubt Badspot has this in the forum rules, but if you're posting full length songs, available to download by another (even non-members,) that is piracy my children. It's one thing to have pieces of a song for use of a game (thats not a hug piracy issue,) but full length songs is another thing. Especially when these forums are for the retail edition of Blockland, and is being hit by a lot of guest users. It only takes one person to ruin the fun.

Thanks you, and have a :cookie:
All of mine are loops.

It's one thing to have pieces of a song for use of a game (thats not a hug piracy issue,) but full length songs is another thing.
Small or processed (even beyond recognition) pieces of most commercial songs are as illegal to distribute as full songs.

Not that anyone cares, but people have been sued over samples shorter than the even shortest posted here. People get sued over sampling just a snare drum and using it in their songs...

I dont really mind big songs, I dont plan on using any of them if i host a server except for maybe the mad world ones =P  I'm just downloading them anyway incase other people decide to use them

my sounds arent full songs

Step 1: Games reserves the right to ban you from playing Blockland online at any time for any reason and without notice.

And I think you are confused between piracy and sharing, and I highly doubt Eric will be held accountable for someone else adding full songs into their music folder.  I would consider it like garry's mod.  Garry would be locked up if he were held accountable for every players actions in the game.

Lets just be realistic here.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:19:44 PM by Irk89 »

He's going to be in trouble if he lets people keep posting copyrighted music on his forums though.

I'm not being confused. Just raising a concern of a problem that could get out of control real fast.

On a lighter note, Badspot uses GoDaddy.com :) and it a Virginia Tech man.

Nice bump, TheMasterNub.

lawl, your bump noobs make a hobby of bumping don't ya'll?