Author Topic: Post Virus Stories here.  (Read 3077 times)

I got multiple viruses and killed them completely without any anti-virus.

I got multiple viruses and killed them completely without any anti-virus.
I have done that a few times before. :o


I used to get them all the time. I had an old Beta copy of Windows 7, so I would re-install it when I had a virus or my computer was forgeted up.
I had to re-install Win7 like once every 1 or two months.
:c

I had a rootkit yesterday.

I got rid of it. c:

I got this one virus that made a fake anti-virus appear, i deleted it, found the process which was hiding deep in my system32
went into safe mode, deleted it.

I got a think Point that killed my DCHP client.

I keep telling her that it is microsoft security essentials and that she needs to delete it, but she won't listen. it will probably happen again.

Oh, she also deleted Blockland because she thought that was the source of the virus and she told me not to ever download it again.

And worst part...




















it happened yesterday.  :panda:

I had a virus that destroyed AVG free. I also had MyDoom at the same time. Then, I found thousands of hidden folders with a load of game names in them, but no files inside. It was weird.

I never get them.

Absolute load of bullstuff, everybody gets them.

I never get them.

same here and I'm a Pc just I don't have user error

same here and I'm a Pc just I don't have user error


Absolute load of bullstuff, everybody gets them.

I had a DNSChanger trojan on my PC a couple days ago. Malwarebytes is a pretty awesome anti-virus program, Ad-Aware is nice too.

Never had one. Then again, I use a Mac. It's fairly unlikely.

W32.Imsolk.B@mm

'Nuff said.




technically untrue you're saying it's impossible to have never had a virus though you don't know how long I've had this computer and what sites I go to and what protection programs I use so you are just bullstuff


now if we're talking how many attempts or attacks yes everyone gets attempts to have a virus downloaded to your computer

When I get viruses they're usually just rogue anti-virus, easy to fix w/ safe mode and malwarebytes/AVG.