Author Topic: Display Driver  (Read 6993 times)

Can you please put the D3D display driver in with the other one this would solvel a lot of the problems I've been having. like on the green hills map for retail i only see black and blue lines a terrain.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 08:37:28 AM by jeremysess19 »

Too much of the code is dependent on OGL now I believe.

Badspot

• Administrator
The D3D driver in Torque is just a wrapper on openGL it's slow as hell, crashes a lot, and has visual artifacts

Glad to know that it's not just me then, haha.

Yeah but with out the that i can see some maps the video in my game get messed up if anything can you givem some speical addon for it?

Badspot

• Administrator
Update your drivers

Most every video card supports openGL if you have the latest drivers.  There were a couple of d3d only video cards but they are positively ancient. 

Not strictly true.  I have a 1yr old toshiba laptop with a mobility radeon 200m and while it does have opengl support, the firmware is bugged on certain revisions and causes a 1-2 fps in opengl applications or in Blocklands case just to fail on start.  It gives the whole cant find graphics adapter blah blah.  A special command to force D3d would be handy just to have a fiddle, but i dont expect much.

Update your drivers

Most every video card supports openGL if you have the latest drivers.  There were a couple of d3d only video cards but they are positively ancient. 

Gee I would just LOVE to update my drives, but you see, you're not helping me on that one..   :panda:
http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=13479.msg190980#msg190980

From memory that card is very similar to mine in the issues that it has with opengl.  Fun fun for you too.