Author Topic: Rocket, Launch pad, and a Bio-dome  (Read 3506 times)

These two builds were both made in a Mars RP Ladios was holding awhile ago. I've cleared away most of the surrounding builds thus the structures may appear a little lonely.

There were plenty of bases in the RP so I figured the colony could use some means to coming and going from the planet's surface. I built the rocket ship and launch pad to go with it. The rocket sits on four legs with a set of thrusters under each one. The launch pad lights and engines are all controlled from within the ship and you can even attempt a launch with it (not that it ever succeeds).

The bio-dome was the result of team effort between Barnabas, myself, and a few others. Barn did some great work on the curves/glass of the dome whilst I set up the layout of the interior and the airlocks. Other players contributed by building foliage scenes for the inside of the dome. It was designed to be integrated with a large space colony that was never constructed.

Other builds:
Mars Base
Space Cargo Freighter
Small Island Castle
Rocket, Launch pad, and a Bio-dome

These two builds were both made in a Mars RP Ladios was holding awhile ago. I've cleared away most of the surrounding builds thus the structures may appear a little lonely.

There were plenty of bases in the RP so I figured the colony could use some means to coming and going from the planet's surface. I built the rocket ship and launch pad to go with it. The rocket sits on four legs with a set of thrusters under each one. The launch pad lights and engines are all controlled from within the ship and you can even attempt a launch with it (not that it ever succeeds).

The bio-dome was the result of team effort between Barnabas, myself, and a few others. Barn did some great work on the curves/glass of the dome whilst I set up the layout of the interior and the airlocks. Other players contributed by building foliage scenes for the inside of the dome. It was designed to be integrated with a large space colony that was never constructed.

Other builds:
Mars Base
Space Cargo Freighter
Small Island Castle
Rocket, Launch pad, and a Bio-dome

nice build and great rocket

I also remember that one multicolored tower you built at badspots once.

This is good thoug

Nice job. I like how you disguised the rocket so it looks like a big rock.

Once again, you succeed in amazing me Reactor.  Remember the USS Reactor in Badspot's Block Party?

That dome reminds me of one of the domes on the moon in Destroy all Humans 2

Rocket looks weird
It looks like the Dolphin from Pikmin

except a tad fatter

I has a great RP story. Rocket miss fires and blows a hole in da dome.

Once again, you succeed in amazing me Reactor.  Remember the USS Reactor in Badspot's Block Party?

Ha ha, yes. In fact, I considered posting it last night. Perhaps in the future.

Nice job. I like how you disguised the rocket so it looks like a big rock.

If you are referring to the darker colors on top, that is intended to be the heat-shield for the craft during reentry.

Rocket looks like a robot.
Overall, it is pretty good.

Why are there holes in the rocket?