Author Topic: New Tool: Measurement thingy  (Read 8211 times)

I seriously think there should be a way for measuring the distance between two spots by the usage of, say, a special "gun" that gets the distance between two bricks you shoot.

Bones4

I honesty don't see how this would be at all conveniant.

You could use the tool instead of counting the distance from one point to another by yourself. Very useful for accurately measured builds.

Yeah, this is cool. How about a brick decal that you can put on a build that has the measurment ?

I have no idea exactly how this would be useful, but if you use baseplates then perhaps a paint that paints it in a checkerboard pattern(if possible) could be used.

Ill make my suggestion again. Its a brick decal that goes specificly on a 1X25 brick. On each stud, it has a number: 1, 2 , 3,-------,25.

Then you can place it to count the studs.

I was thinking more in the lines of, as I said, a weapon. You shoot at one brick, you shoot at another brick, and you get a chat message that tells you the distance between the two (perhaps even in X, Y and Z).

I see what you mean. Say if you make a platform and want to make an identical one then you need to know the dimensions. Counting is overated. We need a measuring thing. Not the decal idea though.

Refined idea: When you shoot the measuring thing somewhere, it makes a ghost brick of sorts there. When you shoot somewhere else, it makes ANOTHER ghost brick, calculates their distance from each other, removes the bricks and messages the distance in chat to the person who used the tool.

Okay, now you just have to find someone to mod it for you.

first off, this idea is awsome, im tired of counting stud by stud, by stud......
second, I could volunteer to do.
third, i need to know how you guys do this stuff so i can help out which means i don't know how till i learn, love to make your idea come true Grimsy.

I can make it with the X, Y, and Z co-ords, if that'd be useful...?

From that I bet it'd be pretty easy to convert the distance in uhh... 1x1 block units.

You could probably get the avarage distance of a block by simply putting 2 1x1's next to eachother and getting their XYZ stuff.