Author Topic: Retail lag  (Read 5070 times)

im experiencing lag in retail... is there sothing im doing wrong, i change the settings to lowest and it doest effect anything.... my friend even has a worse computer than me and it doesnt lag as much for him.......please help out.

More info please. specs, video card, # of bricks, mods, internet connection, etc.

i got some mods like sniper and hook shot, i got a radeon x200 laptop card

ya..

Theres your problem right there: Laptop!!

your telling me that retail isnt laptop friendly... wtf...

Well, its not really that retail friendly, it doesnt have all the brick placement keys, unless you have an external keyboard.

at the beginng you get to choose weather your thing is a pc or laptop,,, it works on laptops i just dont udnerstand why i lag

My friend has the same problem and hes on a desktop. His computer dwarfs mine in power and performance, but blockland runs slower on his computer.

can somon maybe figure out whats wrong,,, i expected to come into retail and have little lag,,, atleast be able to go o nthe titanic server and see it from adistance with out it being all friken chopy... please somon help

EDIT also i get problems out side of the bedroom... the ground has like these flickering grayish plate things, D:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:00:11 PM by Marcosss123 »

Go to the options menu

In the first tab, change all the settings to low

Go to the advanced

Change the anisotropy quality slider all the way to the left.

When you are in a server, hit f5;  it will remove names above players and drastically improve framerate sometimes.

Jay Ray have you actually played retail? You  can do everything with a laptop right out of the box. It's the only way I've ever played any Blockland.

can somon maybe figure out whats wrong,,, i expected to come into retail and have little lag,,, atleast be able to go o nthe titanic server and see it from adistance with out it being all friken chopy... please somon help

EDIT also i get problems out side of the bedroom... the ground has like these flickering grayish plate things, D:

To fix the ground problem, in the advanced options tab, untick Terrain Emboss texture.
and by lag, do you only experience it when playing online, or even when at single player?
and if you're experiencing it at single player, is it when looking at alot of bricks?

also, you might want to check this thread out, read it carefully.
http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=13479.0
(My laptop can handle BF2142 at medium, yet lags when staring at 11k bricks or more, and my desktop plays fine, yet it can't handle BF2)

Jay Ray have you actually played retail? You  can do everything with a laptop right out of the box. It's the only way I've ever played any Blockland.

*Sigh* Such silly questions.

im shocked when people enter my server and complain about brick lag (being just the 2 of us there)
so far on retail i havnt seen lag (besides servers with 10+ people)
but no brick lag.

i lag tested my comp by laying out bricks with my brother.
we spread out 60,000ish bricks across kitchen floor so far and not even close to lag.
up close or far full view, none.
(yes it was a fun few nights...)

are people that complain about brick lag playing on a graphing calculator or something?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:31:04 AM by Bisjac »

im shocked when people enter my server and complain about brick lag (being just the 2 of us there)
so far on retail i havnt seen lag (besides servers with 10+ people)
but no brick lag.

i lag tested my comp by laying out bricks with my brother.
we spread out 60,000ish bricks across kitchen floor so far and not even close to lag.
up close or far full view, none.
(yes it was a fun few nights...)

are people that complain about brick lag playing on a graphing calculator or something?

I think the lag they are experiencing is due to your internets, not the amount of bricks.