Author Topic: Realistic Cooking  (Read 6577 times)

Is plastic edible?

And if you cook it doesn't it turn ll soft and mushy?

Looks nice. Can it only cook the burger, or other types of food?
Remember that the events can be put in any other brick and the values can be edited. I made it cook a cake yesterday, and it worked fine. 'Twas yummy in my tummy.
how do you guys get these ideas? I feel uncreative now T_T
Think about what needs to be done. Think about the problems in Blockland. Then think about ways to solve them.
I can do the builds for you!  :cookieMonster:
That would be excellent, thanks. I don't have anything needing building right now, but if you want to, you can make an improved version of the oven, since it's so freakin' blocky. :U
Is plastic edible?

And if you cook it doesn't it turn ll soft and mushy?
Plastic isn't.

Virtual legos are.

I may make it tomorrow, since all my stuff got deleted. :c

NVM:

File in attachment
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:11:09 PM by popman98 »

This application has been failed.

Reason: A cool idea but one that needs more work. The build itself is unimpressive. The idea is good, and the use of variables is good too.  But the idea needs improvement, such as a different way to cook meals (i.e cook each bit individually).

Whats next: You may wish to improve upon the existing build. It doesn't take much to build a fancier oven and maybe add a baking feature.

Good luck.

New Oven Model, as well as a sample kitchen build.

I have yet to fill the pantry(?) shelves with food. Some new features:
  • New model (obviously)
  • Fixed glitch where you could click continuously to cook food faster
  • Baking feature. --Baking is faster than using the stove, but the stove can cook more food at once.
  • Switches!
Save is uploaded in attachments.

I agree King, stop expecting everything to be realistic. I'll say it once, and I'll say it again. The game is based upon moving minifigs with floating limbs, jet packs, and thousands of bricks that appear out of thin air via a blue beam. Don't start demanding realism in random things, unless you are just trying to look for a problem.
Hey, it's Blockland. Everything is made out of virtual legos. There's bound to be some abnormalities. If I want a burger, I'll cook a burger, b!tch.

The heck?
It was a JOKE, I didn't expect you to take it seriously, hence the "Lol" at the end.
I expected more of a "I don't know, xD" reply.

Why do you have to be so serious.

I downloaded and tested the new version. I've had a much deeper look at this build now.

Pros:
- Nicer build
- Glad to see health damage on when you stand on the top
- Appropriate use of emitters

Cons:
- Despite the fact you said not all food would be cooked, the nature of the way the food is setup means EVERY single piece of food checking that variable gets cooked, which is a massive design flaw. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe thats how the structure of the events is setup.
- I sat there for a while, no indication to tell me if my food was cooked or not. Didn't even change color, odd.
- The eating events also leak to every bit of food. My burger sitting on the counter was effected by the burger I wanted to eat on the stove. Why do you need an eat function in chat for?

Application 2 has been failed on the grounds that the events are badly structured leading to leaks with other bricks.
You need to rework your design. A lot of this could be solved with relays rather than global variables.

Thanks for the advice, Icy. I'm thinking about making the food able to be eaten only when properly cooked, and when it's not it'll give you a message.

And I will, of course, fix the rest of the glitches with multiple food being affected.

Also, about the no color changing, I used Treuno's Color set, so maybe I should use the default one instead?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:27:55 PM by Kingdaro »

Thats weird, I use it too. :u

Thats weird, I use it too. :u
omgwtfbbqh4x

That's complete bullsh!t.

Well, the new system I'm implementing will help anyway. I've decided on this:
  • You place the food on the stove/oven and turn it on.
  • The food will change colors once it's well done, as well as a puff of smoke coming from the food to indicate being finished each time it is cooked before it's burning limit. You won't be able to eat it if it's not finished.
  • Once it's burnt, no smoke will be emitted. You won't be able to eat it burnt either.
So whether it's color changes or not, you'll still be able to tell if you're watching it. :)

And I'm trying to decide whether it should be constant smoke if it's done or just a puff when it's cooked while it's done.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:38:54 PM by Kingdaro »

Looking forward to it.

Okay, this is what I have so far: (Lists suck.)
 -Food puffs when cooked.
 -Food catches on fire when burned.
 -Food damages you when on fire.
 -You are able to douse the food by clicking it.
 -You can't eat raw food. When you click on it while it's raw, it'll show you it's cooking progress.

Here's what I have yet to fix:
 -The stove fires every second when it should fire every three seconds.
 -Food hurts you unburned. --
 -It still puffs and catches on fire after being eaten. --Any way for a brick to check it's values, such as Rendering or Ray Casting? I tried using a variable named "eaten" but it's not working.

This is the biggest snag I've hit yet, but I'm hacking away at it!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:25:11 PM by Kingdaro »

The heck?
It was a JOKE, I didn't expect you to take it seriously, hence the "Lol" at the end.
I expected more of a "I don't know, xD" reply.

Why do you have to be so serious.

You never answered my question.

You never answered my question.

Why do you have to be so humorous?

Let me help King out and answer for him.

Some people take jokes too seriously and or he took it as an insult instead of a joke.

Period.