Author Topic: Question for the Old Blocklanders.  (Read 7167 times)

Hey guys, wanna start a dragon/sonic family rp?
I got the mininuke ready for yeh.

Does anyone know where Cucumberdude went? His Tropical Island RP was the first server I ever joined :3

Too many loving family rp's, theres hardly any good servers when i go on.
/topic

Cucumberdude had the best city RPs:c I miss being able to make my house where ever I wanted -.-   These days you're always trapped in a city by baseplates :c

Intolerance is a bad thing for me.

Because of my hate of most servers, there's usually only 2 servers that I can go on.

Prepare for a wall of text.
Okay, now here's the thing.
Back in v8, when I first joined, things were much different then now.
The community wasn't an ass, and we didn't have handicaps running around like we do now; well, at least, not as much.
Everyone with an ID 6000 or above would be targeted because they were considered "noobs".
I myself think things got more boring, but once we went to v9 things changed a lot.
The events improved lots of things, and the vehicles/new addons were fun to play with.
The servers were much more creative, not just your generic TDM.
Back then, when I first started, I'd play Blockland all day because I was new, of course, and I wanted to explore the game.
Haha, I even remember getting lost in Slate because I thought I was in space :P
But really, the thing about the past of this game is mostly the community to me.
Most people nowadays are either stupid or mean.
Sometimes you can find someone that really is nice to you and end up being "friends".
But overall the game has gotten much more boring than when I was in v8-v9.
I think from v10 and on it got a little boring.
I mean, I still had tons of fun during v10-v13, but then things went a little downhill with the community.
Sorry if I got a little off topic there, but I love going in to further explanation :P

tl;dr, the community back then was better, and so was the whole "fun" thing.

:'(

Ah...the good old days...right before the Roblox Blockland noob war of 08 good times...till ya know.. but anyway I'm somewhat of a newbie (V:9) but w.e. The game was rly fun just exploring the snowy mountain for weeks with my jeep haha...good times. But it was great nothing but exploring joining ppl with freebuild in the Bedroom just lazin about.Then maybe join a good game a pistol war. I loved it now its just kill this, kill that, and now fortwars...meh not my favorite when ppl kill you every ten seconds...  I wish I could still stretch the bricks out like in Roblox...but I like it here all the same. =)

i maybie have joined back in i think something like V. 14-15, but nowadays i can tell back then things looked more fun
now, everytime a new addon comes out, the servers are the same for like 5-6 months. Just like the dragon mod.
Where did the good times go to?

Ah...the good old days...right before the Roblox Blockland noob war of 08
No

IM GONNA LEAVE BLOCKLAND AND GET BANNED GOODBYE BECAUSE IT SUCKS :CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

But really, the community is horrible now.  I will never stop playing it though because it's fun.

no.
stop whining.
Really, guys. You all complain about the growing amount of noobs when you know very well you used to be just like them. Even then, not all the newbies are noobs. Stop the bandwagon, it's driving me loving nuts.

Really, guys. You all complain about the growing amount of noobs when you know very well you used to be just like them. Even then, not all the newbies are noobs. Stop the bandwagon, it's driving me loving nuts.
Yes, but with a growing 'population' there are more idiots. Sadly, a lot of the 'noobs' are in the high IDs, giving a label to anyone higher than about 18-20k.

But I agree, stop whining and live with it.

Newcigarettes don't _HAVE_ to be cigarettes.
I mean, stop judging on BL_ID, seriously.
For example: dontcare4free (BL_ID: 23???)
That guy is _seriously_ not a cigarette, only not having full knowledge over 'Blockland'.

Yeah, the community was much more well-behaved. I joined in V12... Maybe V13. I remember chasing the moon in slopes.