Author Topic: Question for the Old Blocklanders.  (Read 7160 times)

Ahh, I miss the good ole days of v8.

I joined in late V8 :D oh and people have been becoming bigger
Idiots

Idiots everywhere

As long as you have unbuilt subjects, add-on and server ideas in your head, Blockland simply can't get boring. Sure, sometimes the players may not be your cup of tea, but you can always find some merry people on Blockland. If not then retreat to single player.

Good servers have become less common, IMO.

Community was way nicer when I first joined.
I asked what I would now consider an obvious question in Help once and didn't get flamed.
Everyone is now a Steven Colbert

NarcCIAtic and self-centered  :cookieMonster:

I bought in the v10 days. The community was a little mean back then, but not as much as it is today.

I still remember 11Ks being known as noobs, but now most 10Ks-19Ks are respected as good players.

I don't remember what version I started in; my ID is in the 13K.

Did you notice a lot of new players are joining the forums? :o

I liked the v8 mods. It was also great when physics came out. GREAT update.

More recently, remember when the Mini-Nuke didn't have noobish spammers? Before I joined the forums there weren't as many spam topics. Now you can't go check on the add-ons without some spam topic saying OMG/IGOTTEDTEHMINEH-NOOCK/OMGOMGOMG!!1!1!!!1!!.

When I joined, I think it was v10, but I used to play the demo all the time in v8 or something.

Yeah, the community is getting worse and worse in general, though some great players are still around. Stereotypes are taking over and are more accurate every day, sadly.

Great new things like events, physics, JVS Content, T+T and more made Blockland better, but some things needed to stay the same. I don't play much anymore due to lack of any good servers, stuff is buried with family and dragon rp's, it sickens me.

I figure better hosts will make better servers, attracting better people to make more enjoyable experiences for true fans.

Well back in version 13 i was tons of fun I remember getting lost on the slopes *sigh* good times i remember the community being nicer and more polite i joined badspots server all the time and allways had fun i remember having a problem with blockland back then when i joined multilayer servers and when i joined then i crashed the only server that worked was badspots i loved the community but now... theres a wave of noobs and just stupid people trying to annoy us and people like me are leaving one by one. I've allways had fun here.

Well back in version 13, It was tons of fun. I remember getting lost on the slopes. *sigh* Good times. I remember the community being nicer and more polite as well. I joined badspot's server all the time and always had fun. I remember having a problem with Blockland, back then when I just joined multiplayer servers, because when I joined, I crashed. The only server that worked was Badspot's. I loved the community, but now, there's a wave of noobs and stupid people trying to annoy us, and people like me are leaving one by one. I've always had fun here.
This sounds like the same exact story that's been posted in this topic over and over again. Does anyone here have a story that doesn't involve the growing amounts of stupid people?

How about instead of whining about the lack of intelligent players and choosing to stuff on the forums 24/7: "oh i dont even play blockland since v7 that was when it was best blockland ever <runs off to post stuffty videos in off topic>", you should actually start playing. You complain blockland has no intelligent players, but where are you? Oh wait, not playing. This is probably the only community I know where only 1/4 of the forums actually plays the game the forums are meant for actively.

I came in v9, playing demo since v8.

Never stopped liking it. Even without add-ons like In v8, I didn't know that there was a forum.

Blockland is probably the best game of Lego I have ever played.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:05:39 AM by Khain »

I played the demo in V7 and bought the game near the end of V8

I still remember the flying tank glitch in V9 or V8 where you would get in the tank, look down and hammer it and it would fly  :cookieMonster: