14 (60.9%)
Meh
3 (13%)
Sucks
3 (13%)
Need To See More Dev Videos
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Nick's 8Bit Adventure - Updates Anyone? [12/28/2010 - 3:30 P.M.]  (Read 3815 times)

I like having a record of my progress.

And the reason I said that to everyone is because it's true. Everyone who didn't like it complained about the graphics. It's not like I have an entire loving team dedicated to making me sprites and textures.

No the graphics suck and I doubt the gameplay is going to be able to make up for that

I don't care about the graphics.
It's the gameplay that looks like stuff.
When I played the epsilon project, it was boring.
You did the same thing throughout the entire game, move and shoot.
I'm immature because I don't like your game?
Deal with it. It's my opinion.
I don't want to make a game, that's why.
And game maker is stuff, so I couldn't get anywhere with it.

You're an immature prick is because you just went "lawl dis sucks". You stated no feedback, no reasons why you didn't like it so I just suspected it was due to the graphics. Also this game has nothing to do with EP so I don't know why you're even bringing that up.

No the graphics suck and I doubt the gameplay is going to be able to make up for that

1. Well I'm sorry the graphics don't live up to your expectations. Once again, I don't have any spriters who can help me and when I do they usually don't do stuff.
2. I wouldn't really go judging the gameplay just yet since this project only has a few hours of work put into it so far.

EDIT: Also if you consider yourself a genius in game design why don't you take a crack at a game and put me in my place?

Oh wait let me guess. You're too busy always correcting me about computer stuff, insulting me, and criticizing my work. I like feedback both positive and negative but yours has no logic most of the time nor does it help me in anyway.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:31:48 PM by keonesan »

You're an immature prick is because you just went "lawl dis sucks". You stated no feedback, no reasons why you didn't like it so I just suspected it was due to the graphics. Also this game has nothing to do with EP so I don't know why you're even bringing that up.
Maybe my approach was too harsh.
Let me say this differently.
The game doesn't look very fun, mostly because it just looks boring.
Not my type of game.
Although others may like it, i probably wouldn't.

I brought up EP because... well, damn you got me there, stuff ;O

Maybe my approach was too harsh.
Let me say this differently.
The game doesn't look very fun, mostly because it just looks boring.
Not my type of game.
Although others may like it, i probably wouldn't.

I brought up EP because... well, damn you got me there, stuff ;O

Thanks. I appreciate that feedback much more.

Thanks. I appreciate that feedback much more.
Yeah... sorry about that :/

12/23/2010 - 10:20 P.M.
Did some more work. Mostly bug patching. Hue.
- Fixed grappling hook exploit
     + Once player.y is larger than hook.y the grapple entity is automatically destroyed.
- Fixed camera angle on death cam... Sorta...
- Added tutorial level
- Finished hardcore mode
     + Don't die. Even if you're on the last level you'll be sent back to the first level upon death. You also can't save. Good luck. Heh.

I tested hardcore mode. It made me want to loving rage. XD
So far there's no issues. I think there might be an exploit with the global variable. I'll have to see if I can fix it.

Actually, with the new grapple hook, this looks like it could be some fun! :O

What. Is. This. Where are my copyrights? WHERE ARE MY LICENSES? I WANT THIS stuff SHUT DOWN. WHO THE HELL WANTS TO BE MY ATTORNEY WHEN I SUE THIS cigarette'S ASS OFF.

But it all seriousness, this looks pretty good, Graphics could use some work though, be more sized to the extremely large window :v

I was collaborating with some friends and we have agreed on something. On the full version of my game, if you beat my game on hardcore mode... You get...

To see a real life picture of me! :D

I don't like scary endings. :c

I don't like scary endings. :c
wat u talkin aboat it guna b so hawt

when i saw the player sprite i was like what.jpg

making better sprite