Author Topic: No Crosshair Player-Type  (Read 1229 times)

This is more intended for weapons with iron sights than anything else. I mean really, I can still hip fire a lot of weapons and still get kills cause I ave a cross hair, and I think that ruins the point of iron sights all together. Okay, it's pretty simple actually. It is a Player-type that doesn't have a Crosshair. So in other words, it is like pressing F5, except it shows names.

Would anybody be willing to make this? Or attempt to?

Also, I have searched for this and all I got were handicapped "OMG MAI NEW CORSSHAIR IS OUT LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!11" topics...

Go into Paint.NET, open up the crosshair picture, use the Eraser tool and erase the crosshair, save the picture.
Boom. Done.

Go into Paint.NET, open up the crosshair picture, use the Eraser tool and erase the crosshair, save the picture.
Boom. Done.
Way to read the topic correctly!

Also, this is only possible with client and server-side combined, so basically everyone who you want not to have a crosshair would require a client-mod as well as you having the server-mod. So waste of time pretty much.

Way to read the topic correctly!
I said that because it'd be pointless to make a mod for it.

you can turn off the crosshairs

you can turn off the crosshairs
How, wasn't there a mod for that a while ago? It was failed.

How, wasn't there a mod for that a while ago? It was failed.
No, no mod, default. just press F5 to Distable names, and the crosshair. (default button)

No, no mod, default. just press F5 to Distable names, and the crosshair. (default button)
But then some cheaters would keep the crosshair on because they don't want to take the challenge.

There are some idiots above that piss me off.

The point of a No Crosshair Player-Type would be for the whole server to use it.
Not client-sided.
Or a server setting instead of a playertype.

There are some idiots above that piss me off.

The point of a No Crosshair Player-Type would be for the whole server to use it.
Not client-sided.
Or a server setting instead of a playertype.
Hmmm, the server setting would be a good idea rather than a playertype.

Found a solution, however, also a problem for this solution:

Code: [Select]
datablock PlayerData(NoCHPlayer : NoJetPlayer)
{
thirdPersonOnly = 1;
cameraTilt = 0;
cameraVerticalOffset = 0;
cameraMaxDist = 0;
UiName = "No Crosshair Player";
};

However, the problem with this is that you're looking through the chest of the player, and you can still see your player, meaning even if you changed vertical offset to be where the head is, the view would be terrible. See attachments.
First one is me looking straight ahead. Looks fine.
Second one is me looking slightly downward. Terrible view.

I've been wanting something like this.
But not a playertype.

Nah...

Either way, iron sights weren't meant to be in blockland really, so i don't support.

I've been wanting something like this.
But not a playertype.
Playertype is the only way I see this being possible, and like above, produces bad results.

Nah...

Either way, iron sights weren't meant to be in blockland really, so i don't support.

Default they are not.

Some Add-Ons have it.

This is a suggestion for a Add-On, which can be used along other Add-Ons.

Thus, making your argument invalid.

Once Gravity Cat's new pack will come out everyone will scream they want this, as his weapons use iron sights.